Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Dare I say tacky? GM uses these on their cars like the Malibu and HHR. It really cheapens the look of the car.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
They are not horrible, and I think they would work nice to either protect your wheels from daily road grime/tar/scratches, but also hide existing damage for cheap.

At 57 bucks per set, that's not a bad price. I have seen them up to $150 on one site.

Again, individual tastes differ. I actually am looking into chroming my 18s in the future, but I want a smoked/black chrome vs the shiny.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I also saw this on Shark Racing, and wondered if anyone had experiences with them. Overall opinions (good or bad) from those that have/had these? I wish they made a chrome wheel from the factory!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm also curious as to how these fit & how they look once installed.... can someone please share your experience, and possibly show some pics of the fit?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I purchased a set off ebay for $80 and didn't like them. You can see the edge of the wheel so unfortunately they look like a wheel cover up close. Also the chrome quality wasn't good especially in the the areas of the wheel crevices where it is a yellowish color. Also they will scratch your wheel rim when you remove them.

I contacted Shark Racing since their set is around $250 and they claim they cover the edge of the wheel. Plus their's bolt on. The only problem I see is if you scrape one of them up, you will have to buy another set at for $250.

·
Registered
330 Posts
A hub cap over alloys? Really, I hope you are kidding (maybe you are based on the smiley face). Take you alloy wheels off, get steel stamped and put 'lovely' hub caps on!

·
Registered
127 Posts
too much chrome as it is. I reluctantly put it over the grill because the stock white grill is worse.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts