Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The spoiler looks nice but the lips no drill instalation looks easier. But no one sellls a lip in our colors yet. But have been trying to decide on the lower moulding for a few weeks now.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Its not the same price, its $25.00 more, but it has the center light in it. I am thinking about it myself, I am not affraid of drilling holes, have done it many times in the past.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I don't like the chrome molding there is already enought chrome on the car and I think that would be overdoing it a little bit. However, the spoiler is really nice :thumbsup:

·
Registered
426 Posts
The more I look at the wing type spoiler, the more I am liking it

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
If you wait a month I'm sure there will be a lot of spoiler designs to choose from. I found a US store that has lip and a wing (no light) spoiler. A lot more than Shark and the other place for color matched, about $235 for the lip painted and $190 something for the wing.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hrm... I am seriously considering the lower chrome molding also .. Any one done this yet??
I think the kit that the OP was looking at is much nicer than the one from shark racing

VS

But then again.. both look a lot different than the ones that will be on the Sonata hybrid...

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Just got the Sportwing with light installed today, and it looks pretty nice. Was afraid it might look weird but it looks like it belongs on the Sonata, the LED lights aren't that bright though so make sure you have your high centre mount lights inside the car still hooked up too. But overall it sits pretty low which makes it look good, I've seen spoilers that have a pretty large gap between the trunk and the spoiler but this one sits nice and low. All the guys down at the dealer love it and some of them are real car tuners too, so it tells you something when they say it looks great on the Sonata. I didn't have time to get pics taken with it installed yet, will get to that tomorrow and post them tomorrow night.

The only downside with this spoiler is you loose the auto fully open trunk function. The trunk will still pop but won't open all the way anymore due to the weight of the spoiler on the end of the trunk.

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (PeterJ @ Apr 21 2010, 03:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315387
I just found this online and I haven't seen them on any other website like sharkracing.com
But what do you think about these things?
2011 Sonata Rear Spoiler
and
2011 Sonata Lower Chrome Molding

I think the spoiler on this website looks alot better than the one offered on Sharkracing (But thats just my opinion) and the price is the same as well.
Spoiler is to 1990 for me.

Lower molding looks classy depending on if you match it up good with your car. You would needs some rims with a chrome lip at least.

·
Registered
264 Posts
QUOTE (eyecue @ Jul 16 2010, 10:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=342206
Spoiler is to 1990 for me.

Lower molding looks classy depending on if you match it up good with your car. You would needs some rims with a chrome lip at least.
It does look a tad common/stock. but once on the car, it fits well. ive got nothing but compliments on it. even the guy who delivers my pizza, maybe age 19 with an over-tricked out volkswagon himself, noticed and complimented it.

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (gregd71 @ Jul 16 2010, 10:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=342208
It does look a tad common/stock. but once on the car, it fits well. ive got nothing but compliments on it. even the guy who delivers my pizza, maybe age 19 with an over-tricked out volkswagon himself, noticed and complimented it.
Yeah it looks great, I'm just one of those really snobby guys who doesn't like to do things that have been done over and over.
:innocent:

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (Souks @ Jul 15 2010, 11:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=342176
The only downside with this spoiler is you loose the auto fully open trunk function. The trunk will still pop but won't open all the way anymore due to the weight of the spoiler on the end of the trunk.
Even just having a euro plate and a US plate on it gives it too much weight to pop all the way open. I'm getting between 30-45 degrees.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
I also have the SportWings spoiler and agree fully with Souks. I have attached a few pics to "show off". Trust me, no car from the 1990's looked this good!!

[attachment=19418:IMAG0087.jpg]

[attachment=19419:IMAG0088.jpg]

[attachment=19420:IMAG0085.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's amazing that there are so many spoiler options out there for the 2011 already, some certainly look better than others but they do defeat the pop up trunk systems on the cars I'v owned with them. All you get is a little 'clunk' and slight opening as the release and lift system tries to overcome the extra weight.

I loved the trunk bling on the older Buicks that were chrome spoilers and had chrome strips on the deck (to tie on your steamer trunk?)

The only way I'd add a spoiler is if it cut down the drag coefficient and increased mpgs. To my knowledge, they don't, in fact they actually might have the opposite effect, wish I knew for sure.
(had one on a Pontiac Bonniville SSe and have one on my Jetta TDI, came that way)

One thing that really is cool tho is the ones with the blazing LED brake light, across the rear edge of the spoiler, sorry to hear the one that has them for the Sonata is a kind of a dud.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts