Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day everyone! My name is Matt and I run the Car Review YouTube channel MattBrandCars (link for those interested: MattBrandCars)

Hyundai have given me a 2020 Santa Fe and I wanted to know from owners: What do you love about your Santa Fe? What do you hate?

I like to get the opinions of those who actually live with the car as well as my own thoughts from driving it over the week. I use some of what you have to say in the review! (Scheduled release: 16th August)

Cheers in advance!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I've only had my '12 for a few weeks, but so far I love it! Much nicer than the Dodge Grand Caravan I was driving for the past 6 years. If I had to complain about something the ride is a bit harsh over bumps but I can account that to the short wheelbase and I think the brake pedal can be a bit firmer...maybe that indicative of the second generation SF? The 3.5L V6 has gobs of power and torque.
20200723_103328.jpg
20200723_131330.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've only had my '12 for a few weeks, but so far I love it! Much nicer than the Dodge Grand Caravan I was driving for the past 8 years. If I had to complain about something the ride is a bit harsh over bumps but I can account that to the short wheelbase and I think the brake pedal can be a bit firmer...maybe that indicative of the second generation SF? The 3.5L V6 has gobs of power and torque. View attachment 449593 View attachment 449594
Thank you for the detailed response!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I realized after I posted you probably wanted feedback on 2020 models. lol

·
Registered
'19 Santa Fe SE 2.4L
378 Posts
Base 2019 SE w/2.4 I4. According to the dealership, the base SE trim gets the best MPG, so that's why I purchased it. If there was a V6 option available, I would have chose that, but no V6 option. Not a fan of small displacement turbos as the "big" engine choice. The car is slam full of tech that would have been optional equipment on a more expensive brand. I really have no complaints about performance or handling. If I had to complain about something, it would be "No drive mode options on the base model"

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Base 2019 SE w/2.4 I4. According to the dealership, the base SE trim gets the best MPG, so that's why I purchased it. If there was a V6 option available, I would have chose that, but no V6 option. Not a fan of small displacement turbos as the "big" engine choice. The car is slam full of tech that would have been optional equipment on a more expensive brand. I really have no complaints about performance or handling. If I had to complain about something, it would be "No drive mode options on the base model"
No V6 option anymore? I thought the 3.3L was still available from the 2013-2018 models. That stinks.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i wish Hyundai would have offered the 3.3/3.5 litresV6 with a manual transmission. i do enjoy driving my Santa Fe with 2.7 V6 with manual but for such a heavy vehicle a larger V6 would have been perfect with the manual transmission.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
i wish Hyundai would have offered the 3.3/3.5 litresV6 with a manual transmission. i do enjoy driving my Santa Fe with 2.7 V6 with manual but for such a heavy vehicle a larger V6 would have been perfect with the manual transmission.
Throw one in! lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts