Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading about the new Genesis and the content is very impressive but that new Audi/Chrysler 300 massive grille opening unsettles me!

I wonder what the new styling will be for the 2016 Azera.

Actually the 2015 Sonata will probably give us a better clue.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Now that the Genesis will be coming out with 4 wheel drive I think it's a nice upgrade from the Azera.
I will be attending the 2014 Chicago auto show in February I'll let you know about my thoughts

·
Registered
58 Posts
You might think I'm nuts, but I think the interior of the Azera looks more rich than the Genesis. I would love to have the AWD though. I do like the exterior on the Genesis.

I have not driven a Genesis, so really not fair to comment on that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The interior of the new Genesis does have a BMW feel to it. Less swoopy and more conservative than the Azera. Seems more elegant to me.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I like the new Genesis, and especially the AWD option. It's still going to be more $$$$ than the Azera though.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
You might think I'm nuts, but I think the interior of the Azera looks more rich than the Genesis. I would love to have the AWD though. I do like the exterior on the Genesis.

I have not driven a Genesis, so really not fair to comment on that.
I agree the 2013 does not look as good as the Azera
Simple things like the brushed aluminum trim around all the switches and general details.

When I check out the 2015 Genesis these are the things I'm going to look for

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I checked out the 2013 Genesis and did not care for the interior look and seat comfort. Leftover new 2013 Genesis's are currently going for $26,300 at my local dealer, but I still am choosing to get an Azera.

As to the 2015 Genesis, the big open mouth grille is not to my liking. I also do not like the look of the new dash. It is too horizontal, and though that may be the current trend, I still prefer the look of the current Azera dash.

So, I think I will be happy with buying a 2014 Azera without concern.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I love to see the new genesis in person but as far as the pic I really like the genesis a lot !!! Don't get me wrong I'm still in love with my Azera !!!

·
Registered
472 Posts
I really like the 2015 Genesis except for the grill. It is not my style. Sometimes these radical changes take time to sink in. Overall a very nice package but, I'll stick with my Azera.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Don't like the massive grille. A copy off of American made cars. The car is nice inside and out but the grille just looks bad. Sad they couldn't come up with something a little more elegant.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I like the design of the grill. It looks like a modern take on all the classics from 1920s and such that had a large grill or an exposed radiator. Otherwise, I like the cars contemporary design inside and out. I think the headlights should have been full led otherwise everything is there, just need to see how it drives.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
The grill looks like the fusion grill. I like the car overall but wonder what it will sticker at well equipped. I was thinking we would upgrade to an AZera and now my wife seems hung up on the new Genesis.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I like the new Genesis. I think it looks very upscale. It looks better than the old model. It looks like they took a lot of elements of the Equus interior and put it in the Genesis.

I like the exterior styling EXCEPT perhaps the grille which is too big. If it were just a bit smaller I think the exterior looks very sharp.

Now I do love the design of the Azera. The Azera has a 'sleekness' neither of these cars have. The Azera looks more modern, more flowing interior and exterior; whereas the Genesis is a bit more European, more of a conservative style (except the grill).

But the Genesis looks like a very nice car. I wouldn't mind driving one. But as many have mentioned, to get one fully loaded it would be significantly more $$ compared to the Azera.

·
Registered
550 Posts
The Grille is just too big. The car itself looks very nice but that Ford Fusion oversized grille just makes the car look...well not very good in a matter of better words.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Maybe it will grow on me, but that grille makes me like the look of the Kia Cadenza lot more than I used too. To these ~average age Azera owner eyes the new Genesis and Cadenza look very similar .

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Looks like Kia has a sister to the Genesis - the K900. Can't believe they are tiptoeing into that market segment.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts