Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wondering I got a pretty sweet offer for my brand new k sport coilovers for my 2012 elantra.. would they fit a 2013 veloster turbo??? I kno the springs are interchangeable but would the struts and stuff match up?

·
Registered
168 Posts
The top hats on the fronts are different.... so NO, they would not work.

·
Banned
234 Posts
how are they different? As far as im aware the veloster and elantra suspension is interchangeable. I know i installed a set of coilovers that came off a veloster on my friends Elantra last summer.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Check the Veloster turbo forums. The suspension is the same. Especially when dealing with springs. When all the VT guys got the initial shipment of coilovers, the pillow ball top mounts/bolts were slightly off if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
911 Posts
It's the "orientation of the camber adjustment" that's different otherwise the parts are supposedly identical and fit.

Here's the V.

Here's mine. It's 180 degrees off.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well if it's 180 degrees... Then rock on bro.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I would think the "wrong" orientation is preferable. One of the few ways you could actually dial in more caster than within spec.
Huh???

Here is a straighter image. Note the orientation of the single bolt on the bottom for the V and on the top of the E.

Now notice that bolt may determine the orientation of bolt that fastens the strut to the stabilizer link. It may not work like Jim Pierce stated.

Look at the images for the front strut and installation in the Service Manual as I can't post em.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the help! Ill keep looking into it..trying to see if the 180 make a difference.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well, so much for that thought. I had read in the past that the different model coilover top hats would allow for caster adjustability. Doesn't look like that's the case at all.

Have any dealings with the offset control arm bushings? Any way to keep them from moving Saurian?

Sorry for the highjack.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Have any dealings with the offset control arm bushings? Any way to keep them from moving Saurian?

Sorry for the highjack.
No on the bushings. Best bet IMO for a street car is stock bushings as usually springs and shocks are enough.

Moving??? Talking about any adjustment you tighten the locking nut.

I wouldn't worry about the hijack as the thread is basically over except for what Vandal confirms.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts