Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy tight to the vest??? In the Honda forums, people have no problem posting price they paid, so others can get a clue how low to shoot for on negotiations. a couple guys got a low price and others used that as a guide and many were able to get the lower pricing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Used the Costco buyer deal in Ogden, UT and we got a 2018 Kona SEL AWD w/Tech for 25,000 out the door, taxes & title included. Took 3.5 hours fighting off the trade in low ball (no thank you), the high interest rate (brought our won financing), the stupid add ons ($398 Shadowmark theft protection, uhg) but got there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Since I had a trade-in it's kind of hard to say exactly what the price of my Kona was...

I always use Edmonds to see the value of my trade-in and what the new car is selling for in my area. I then use that as a starting point to decide how much I'm willing to trade for. I know what I'm willing to spend when I walk in to the dealership and pretty much stick to that number. I might come up $500 if I've decided that I really want that particular vehicle but if I do bend, to finalize the deal I might ask them to throw in lifetime oil changes or something like that knowing the oil changes (or whatever) is a high mark-up item and it's not taking much away from the dealership's profit on the deal.

I'm willing to allow the dealership a fair profit and go into the deal knowing what I'm satisfied to pay - it doesn't bother me too much that someone else got a $500 better price. I don't want to spend an hour haggling over price. I know what I'm willing to pay, I pay in cash and after the deal I never look back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't mind sharing. I picked up a Kona Ultimate in the DC suburbs with floormats, wheel locks and first aid kit (I didn't want any of that but whatever) and paid about $27,000 (including dealer fee and freight) before Taxes. I was eligible for $1000 in rebates and then negotiated another $400 down for a rebate I wasn't eligible for because I financed with my credit union and not Hyundai. I feel like I got an okay to solid deal especially considering only one dealer in 200+ miles had the trim and color I was looking for.

·
Registered
79 Posts
We paid $ 24,000 plus tax and DMV at Roseville Hyundai, near Sacramento, CA.
Cash deal, red Kona Limited with the turbo and DCT, front wheel drive only.
No trade in.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe SEL Plus
2,238 Posts
We paid $ 24,000 plus tax and DMV at Roseville Hyundai, near Sacramento, CA.

Cash deal, red Kona Limited with the turbo and DCT, front wheel drive only.
No trade in.
Sounds like a good deal. At the current time there are no significant incentives and they are slow to move off the local lot. Meanwhile the Tucson and the Santa Fe is flying off the lot.

As to comparing the Kona with the Tucson that is like comparing apples to elephants. I have both and while there are some similarities they are very different vehicles. It would be more appropriate to compare the Tucson with the Santa Fe.

What I like about the Kona is that it has a conventional sunroof and not the widely despised panoramic roof.

Anyone notice that the Genesis G90 doesn’t have one? It has the “old-fashioned” kind. I passed on the Ultimate Tucson because it comes only with the pano roof. However I miss the emergency brake stopping, the lane departure warning, and the ventilated seats.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got the Ultimate (not AWD), 28K plus tax/fees on lease (3 yr/10K miles). There was a $1K lease incentive at the time. No trade (sold my old car elsewhere and got more). Hyundai financing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hmmm, feeling like I got a really good deal, although it sounds like the models may be slightly different here in Canada. I just finalized on 1.6T Ultimate, which is top of the line available here. It comes with all the bells and whistles (including HUD, wireless phone charging pad) in AWD only. I paid CAD$31,949 all in before taxes... calculate backwards to USD, would price out at ~$24,500. I got less for my trade than I could have selling it outright, but I did try to sell privately, and wasn't having a lot of luck, so was willing to do the trade for convenience sake.

And what I'm seeing at dealers here, some can't seem to keep them on the lot, although I haven't seen one on the streets yet, outside of a shuttle vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Kona Ultimate AWD

We paid $28,500 for the Kona Ultimate AWD and got a free lifetime (as long as we own the vehicle) power train warranty provided by the dealer. It is through a 3rd party so we can take the car to any auto repair place to use the lifetime warranty once the Hyundai one expires. We also received wheel locks, floor mats, and a first aid kit. I would never pay for those items, but they came with the car.

We went through the Costco Auto Buying Program and we are in the process of verifying that we actually received the "Costco" price.

We ended up paying a little extra to get the lifetime "wrap" warranty that extends the bumper to bumper warranty for life. With all of the electronics that could possibly fail, and there are a ton of bells and whistles on this car, I am not going to ever have to pay for them!

·
Registered
1 Posts
$27,700 in Chicago for the Ultimate AWD. Used the Edmunds Price Promise thing. Saved about $2100 off MSRP. Probably could've negotiated the same deal myself, but didn't feel like bothering with the haggling.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Financed right at $27,000 but that included taxes and everything including a warranty from Zurich, which I love, GAP insurance. I got the Limited 1.6 turbo FWD with floor mats, added the wheel locks myself. There wasn't a red one in the state with what I wanted so they had to get one from South Carolina and bring it back to my dealer. Added two tone horns from a G90 and a dash cover. Now all I have to do it get used to the Kona and learn how to judge distance when parking. Very different than my 2013 Altima coupe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
SEL FWD w/Tech Package

$22K for SEL FWD, Tech Package, compass mirror, mud guards, carpet mats, cargo liner
plus fees and 7% tax the OOD was $24,4

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tulsa. The auto market here is normally pretty noncompetitive, but for whatever reason, I was able to get one of the local dealers to come down to only about 800 off the lowest nationally I could find during my negotiations... which is really very good for this area.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just bought my Limited with all of the extra add-ons (carpeted floor mats, wheel locks, first aid kit, etc) in Clearwater, FL and financed $24,600 (with gap insurance) and that included approximately $3,500 trade for my 2013 Elantra GT.

After reading these other prices, it doesn't sound like such a great deal after all. An Ultimate for less than $1,000 more?? Wow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
$20400 for a SE AWD. I had a discount through my employer that helped. I could have dropped it to $19900 with the $500 rebate, but I opted for the 1.9% financing instead. I added Wrap warranty extension and 3 years dealer service but put a $8000 down payment, so only financed a bit over $15k.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts