Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a 2017 buyer posting in the 2016 thread and realized it was past time someone started a new thread. Please post, if you don't mind, where (at least general area) of where you bought your car, the trim and sticker price, and the pre-tax price you purchased it at (since taxes can vary greatly between cities and states).

Also, a question (both for members here and admins): I think it would be nice to have people post any Hyundai or Kia hybrid here -- I'm curious how much people end up paying for the new Optima Hybrid compared to the Sonata, as well as pricing for the Niro and Ioniq. Should we allow it in this thread, despite this forum being for the Sonata Hybrid?

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Too many variables to make any kind of comparisons meaningful!
Options
Incentives
time of Month
Trade In
Etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
President's Day Sale

Where: Christiansburg, VA
Trim: SE
Sticker Price: $27,000
Pre-Tax Purchase Price: $21,000
Trade-In: N/A
Incentives Used: Military ($500), Competitive Owner ($1000), Retail Bonus Cash ($2000), Flex Cash ($1000)
Purchase Date: 02/20/2017

·
Registered
59 Posts
Too many variables to make any kind of comparisons meaningful!
Options
Incentives
time of Month
Trade In
Etc.
Agree if people just state "OTD" price - you don't know what made up the final price or if a trade was or was not involved, what they're taxes were. However it just takes a few notes to highlight a trade-in value, incentives, and final total without taxes for it to be meaningful to other buyers.

For example, over Christmas weekend, we bought a new Ford F150, Lariat, Supercab, 2wd, with various options and final Ford sticker MSRP at $49,485 with no add-ons/mark-ups. It was bought for $40,497 with a $500 bed liner added, after rebates, before taxes and trade-in. Don't you think that would be useful info for anyone shopping for something similar at the time?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Agree if people just state "OTD" price - you don't know what made up the final price or if a trade was or was not involved, what they're taxes were. However it just takes a few notes to highlight a trade-in value, incentives, and final total without taxes for it to be meaningful to other buyers.

For example, over Christmas weekend, we bought a new Ford F150, Lariat, Supercab, 2wd, with various options and final Ford sticker MSRP at $49,485 with no add-ons/mark-ups. It was bought for $40,497 with a $500 bed liner added, after rebates, before taxes and trade-in. Don't you think that would be useful info for anyone shopping for something similar at the time?
I think that information is good and makes sense. When I bought my 2007 RAM new, it had a sticker of $51K, after rebates and incentives, the purchase prices was $40K. Saved $11K. Paid Cash. The rest is moot and can be factored out regarding trade-in, deposit, extras, taxes, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bought one yesterday. SE model $20200 before taxes including double bumper to bumper warranty, 48 months oil/filter change and leather seats without heat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought an SE Wednesday. MSRP $27,085. I paid $21,385. No trade. In Baltimore. Happy with the deal even though others might have done better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I paid $35,267 CND for a 2017 Hyundai Sonata Limited Ultimate before taxes. These guys include: Documentation Fees ($250CND), Air Tax ($100CND), Tire Tax ($30CND) & P.D.I. ($1805CND). This is the top of the Hybrid line just below to Plugin Hybrid - that's about $6k more. We are on the West Coast, Vancouver B.C. area.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I paid $35,267 CND for a 2017 Hyundai Sonata Limited Ultimate before taxes. These guys include: Documentation Fees ($250CND), Air Tax ($100CND), Tire Tax ($30CND) & P.D.I. ($1805CND). This is the top of the Hybrid line just below to Plugin Hybrid - that's about $6k more. We are on the West Coast, Vancouver B.C. area.
Ok, have to ask: Air Tax? Tire Tax? Will they lower the price if you forgo the air and tires? :laugh:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a fully-loaded Hybrid Limited sticker $38,000 for $34,500. I put $2,000 down on the car and they took care of 3 remaining payments on the lease I was turning in (Cadillac lease). In retrospect, I could've probably put $1,000 down on the car and paid off the $1,200 in remaining payments and just brought it to a Cadillac dealership, I'm not sure if that would've made much of a difference.

So figure I bought the car for $34,500 - $1,200 = $33,300.

This includes all taxes.

·
Registered
343 Posts
2017 Hyundai Hybrid Limited Ultimate with options (mats, etc.) and dealer packs (tint, nitrogen, wheel locks, etc.):

Sticker: $35,655 (including destination fee)
Packs: $ 999
Total: $36,654

Paid: $28,169 (Dealer ate all taxes, doc & admin fees, excludes registration/tag transfer fee)

Details: $0 down, $0 drive off, 36 mo/36kmile lease, dealer credited first lease payment, $400 termination fee due at lease end (if car not purchased or new Hyundai lease).

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have no affiliation with Costco other than as a satisfied customer. I used their auto purchase program to buy my '16 Limited Ultimate and the price was seven thousand dollars below MSRP, pretty close to what Mr. Bicker paid but mine was an outright purchase. A close friend is a salesperson at a local Hyundai dealer and he could not believe the quote and said they could never sell the car for that price.

If you're a Costco member it would be advantageous to use their web site to at least get a quote. https://www.costcoauto.com/

You select the car you want and they tell you who the closest dealer is in the program and send a quote request to the dealer. The dealer than gets in contact with you.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Costco has a good program as does PenFed (a military-associated credit union with super financing rates although term is limited). USAA has a killer car-buying program (again targeted to military folk). Amex's program used to be pretty feeble (not ever sure if it still lives), and there are others of varying quality out there as well. For straight purchases, be sure to line up Hyundai Circle pricing which is a wonderful tool for taking all the piss and vinegar out of an aggressive salesperson at the dealer (figuring out how is left as an exercise for the reader). Whatever you do, remember that program pricing is simply the STARTING point to the negotiations, there's plenty more discounting and spiffs to be had before you sign on the dotted line: go get 'em!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sticker price was $27,080 and I paid $22,129 12/8/17 for a 2017 Sonata Hybrid SE with 18 miles from Kyle, TX (just south of Austin). These add ons were on the sticker: floor mats $125, cargo net $50 (really) and rear bumper applique $75 (I don't know what this is). I like the car, rides smooth, gets good MPG, roomy and peppy enough.

I am enjoying these great forums.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Nice work on the car deal!

The bumper applique is a clear decal (often with the make's name or logo) that is stuck on to protect the upper surface of the rear bumper from luggage being loaded into or unloaded from the trunk. It's the surface you would use to tie your golf shoes so you don't have to bend down.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just paid $43,945 CND pre-tax for a 2017 Hyundai Sonata PHEV Ultimate. This price includes: AC/Tire enviro fees ($140CND) & P.D.I. ($1805CND). The MSRP was $44,000CND and I got a $2,000CND discount in addition to 0% financing on the full price for 6 years (72 months). Sales tax in Ontario is13% on top of the total. However, I should receive a $8,460 EV rebate from Prov. Ontario (about 6 months processing time), which makes this purchase more reasonable value, as it is a big sedan with fully loaded trim and pretty advanced EV powertrain.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts