Hyundai Forums banner

1401 - 1409 of 1409 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Hay guys how and where have you set up your boost guage line? I want to ad a boost gauge so trying to see what has been done.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk
Sxth Element Engineering vacuum adapter for a clean pressure source

Prosport Evo Premium Electronic Boost Gauge

Hose goes from adapter to electronic sending unit. Sending unit is ziptied to the wiring harness for the brake master cylinder.

Cable passes through firewall grommet (only one cable with this boost gague)

Cable comes out on other side under drivers side dash.

Cable gets routed upwards and plugs into back of boost gauge.

Cluster wiring harness gets tapped for needed connections (12V constant, 12V switched, Ground, Illumination). I decided to solder it in.

I removed the gauge cluster hood, mounted my boost gauge bracket and cut a hole for the wires. I only used my knife at first but I went back with a dremel later to clean it up.

How it's attached

Before hooking up the gauge
z

Final product, I added chrome bezel to match the gauge cluster. This is an updated pic, I installed this more than a year ago.
The gauge has several features including auto dimming, peak boost memory, overboost warning, and can change red, green, blue or white. I have it white most of the time to match.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Had my first 1k oil change for my break in period, put my intake and TurboXS blow off valve back on. I think they did some kind of ECU update, not sure what its called. I'm not 100% sure but it may have pulled harder on my old update with the old motor. Side note, I'm getting 40mpg driving easy on the hwy, didn't get more then 37 before. Maybe the update is for less power and more MPG, or is it the new motor?

·
Registered
166 Posts
First oil change was free. I'm very grateful to Hyundai for making it right and honoring the recall.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Had my first 1k oil change for my break in period, put my intake and TurboXS blow off valve back on. I think they did some kind of ECU update, not sure what its called. I'm not 100% sure but it may have pulled harder on my old update with the old motor. Side note, I'm getting 40mpg driving easy on the hwy, didn't get more then 37 before. Maybe the update is for less power and more MPG, or is it the new motor?

Campaign 953 update and there may be a break-in period that limits boost and spark advance.

1401 - 1409 of 1409 Posts