Hyundai Forums banner

1381 - 1400 of 1409 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
PICNIC Error
(Person In Chair Not In Computer)

We can see that you posted that same picture 5 times.... If you're posting from your phone clear the cache of the app.
Thank you very much for clearing that up for me.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
I see you have done the BOV mod but you filtered the intake instead of capping it off as others have. Did you find a benefit for filtering over capping?
To clarify when I changed to the TurboXS BOV and filtered the recirculating tube, it's louder then blowing back into the intake.

·
Registered
166 Posts
When I took off the small filter off the recirculating end the BOV got a bit louder, I only put the small filter on the intake tube because I thought it matched the new big intake and I didn't have a door stopper.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Traded it in. Got 4100 for it which was "good enough". Had 120094 miles on it. Easily passed the five foot test but all the little things were starting to happen. I was fortunate enough for the PO740 to go out of perm memory prior to turning it in. It ate oil like crazy, left front needed rebuilding again (I have done it already). Clock spring, all the recalls needed done. So now I will figure out where all the brown spots are in Toyotas system. LOL.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Did some plasti dipping, next will be shaving the "H" on the grill, using fiberglass, making the lines straight across, and shiny black paint. Then taking apart the headlights and blacking out some of the inside.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The past weekend I flushed brake fluid with Castrol DOT 4, rotated tires, and touched up, polished, ceramic coated the paint. A lot of the ugly swirl marks and light scratches are finally gone!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Great ! Is this still the original motor ?
Yup I'm over 151K now, the only things that have failed on the car was the inhibitor switch for the trans, the exhaust wastegate actuator (ewga), and the drivers door lock actuator. I've replaced them all in my driveway.

I've been tuned since July 2016 (over 100K miles ago) and have had full bolt ons (intake, exhaust, fmic, trans cooler, 65mm tb, ect) for at least a year (fmic was installed may last year).

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yup I'm over 151K now, the only things that have failed on the car was the inhibitor switch for the trans, the exhaust wastegate actuator (ewga), and the drivers door lock actuator. I've replaced them all in my driveway.

I've been tuned since July 2016 (over 100K miles ago) and have had full bolt ons (intake, exhaust, fmic, trans cooler, 65mm tb, ect) for at least a year (fmic was installed may last year).
What are the signs that the ewga is going bad, want to know as a reference?

·
Registered
858 Posts

**** that sucks.

The symptoms of a bad ewga is boost issues. Either not having boost or having intermittent problems with boost. Sometimes you can adjust the ewga to get it back to spec, but sometimes the plastic gears on the inside get damaged and the whole ewga must be replaced.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I backed into my daughter's piano teachers car yesterday in my driveway. Cracked my LED taillight . Guess that's what I get for trying not to reply on my backup camera.

·
Registered
143 Posts
This week I cleaned the interior, washed and waxed the outside, changed the air filter and for a special treat i am taking it to the golf course. What a lucky car to have such a pampered life!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hay guys how and where have you set up your boost guage line? I want to ad a boost gauge so trying to see what has been done.

1381 - 1400 of 1409 Posts