Hyundai Forums banner

1361 - 1380 of 1397 Posts

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Got all set up to do the O2 sensor today expecting a headache. Jacked it all up and put it on four stands so I had room to easily move in and out. Got out my new offset O2 socket mounted on my 18" breaker bar. Torqued the exhaust and gave it two or three good heaves and low and behold it cracked free! I was so astonished it went so fast I thought I broke the bung on the cat. Nope...free and clear! Took me longer to prep it than to do it.

So now to buy a replacement! Made my day.... lol.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Another oil change with Amsoil Classic 5w40 and the Wix XP filter at 148,214 miles.

Was even able to use the ramps while the car was lowered, a little less room but I got it done without an issue. Filled up my 5 gal oil jug so I made a stop to advanced auto to dump it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I purchased an intake for a Dodge Ram, should be here tomorrow, going to make a cold air from in front of the battery instead of K&N style. Hopefully it will sound deep and throughty.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
So this is the cold air intake from a 97 camero that I modified for us, it sounds amazing, a bit more pull, but I hear the intake fluttering during hard pulls.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have coupons for $19.95 but these are for Break Masters. I have always taken my Sonata there since owning it. And today, I took it in for front breaks at a cost of $132.15 lifetime warranty. Rear brakes were still good and not needed.

But now, it appears I may need a new exhaust or catalytic converter as it is making a deeper tone when starting and I can hear something rattling- which leads me to suggest, say that it is the catalytic converter. Car has 51,000 miles.
If its the CAT, should be covered at no cost by EPAmandated 90,000 mile minimum on all pollution related parts, including catalytic converter. I know some Volksawagen dealers here in New England got in hot water for saying it was NOT covered, as out of 60k vehicle warranty.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Gave her a good wash and clean inside and out. Was able to pull parts of the dash out to make the cluster look brand new. Experimented with cleaning the gauge face covers (usually very easy to scratch clear plastic) with detailer. Came out great. Really passes the five foot test nicely.

Then I went to put her back in the garage...shifted in reverse...slam....CEL....Friggen tranny temp sensor failure. SMFH. Cleared the code, CEL out..but error in perm memory. Wonder how many error free cycles I need to do in order to have that wiped.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
So this is the cold air intake from a 97 camero that I modified for us, it sounds amazing, a bit more pull, but I hear the intake fluttering during hard pulls.
I see you have done the BOV mod but you filtered the intake instead of capping it off as others have. Did you find a benefit for filtering over capping?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I see you have done the BOV mod but you filtered the intake instead of capping it off as others have. Did you find a benefit for filtering over capping?
Only benefit was the blowoff sound was louder, going to try my picture of the new intake.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Can anyone tell me why my pictures are not going through on strictly on the Hyundai forum, works on Club xB?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Can anyone tell me why my pictures are not going through on strictly on the Hyundai forum, works on Club xB?

PICNIC Error
(Person In Chair Not In Computer)

We can see that you posted that same picture 5 times.... If you're posting from your phone clear the cache of the app.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Did a final spruce up (vac, wipe down inside and out). Removed all personal paper work and put all the manuals back into the glovebox. Dropping it off and picking up new vehicle this afternoon.

Baring a 132 issue that is. :)

1361 - 1380 of 1397 Posts
About this Discussion
1.4K Replies
162 Participants
jdubs
Hyundai Forums
Hyundai Forum is a community for all Hyundai Owners to talk and learn all about their favorite subject: Hyundai cars from the Sonata to the Elantra and even the new Kona!
Full Forum Listing