Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1397 Posts

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you do a small mod,a repair,maintenance,either minor or major?

Today, the car went to the dealer for it's first oil and filter change on the new motor. Miles on the old oil(Hyndais blend) was 3381. Going forward,I will be doing the oil changes using Mobil 1 full synthetic 5W20 or 0W30. OIC will be at a minimum of 5000 miles and a maximum of 6000 miles even if a Blackstone report comes back saying the oil can go much more which I believe it will.

I will tell you what though,for what Hyndai charges for a regular oil change you cannot go wrong if you do not want to get your hands dirty.

Oil/filter using conventional oil.$34.99 Top all fluids plus inspection,car wash

I had a coupon for $24.95

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have coupons for $19.95 but these are for Break Masters. I have always taken my Sonata there since owning it. And today, I took it in for front breaks at a cost of $132.15 lifetime warranty. Rear brakes were still good and not needed.

But now, it appears I may need a new exhaust or catalytic converter as it is making a deeper tone when starting and I can hear something rattling- which leads me to suggest, say that it is the catalytic converter. Car has 51,000 miles.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Did you do a small mod,a repair,maintenance,either minor or major?

Today, the car went to the dealer for it's first oil and filter change on the new motor. Miles on the old oil(Hyndais blend) was 3381. Going forward,I will be doing the oil changes using Mobil 1 full synthetic 5W20 or 0W30. OIC will be at a minimum of 5000 miles and a maximum of 6000 miles even if a Blackstone report comes back saying the oil can go much more which I believe it will.

I will tell you what though,for what Hyndai charges for a regular oil change you cannot go wrong if you do not want to get your hands dirty.

Oil/filter using conventional oil.$34.99 Top all fluids plus inspection,car wash

I had a coupon for $24.95
Hi AF1. I was under the impression new Hyundai buyers got the very first oil change for free. Mine was free, and I have heard others mention it too. Did your dealer charge you for your first one?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hi AF1. I was under the impression new Hyundai buyers got the very first oil change for free. Mine was free, and I have heard others mention it too. Did your dealer charge you for your first one?
It probably depends on the dealer. My dealer sent a coupon to do the first oil change for $9.95, as well as a free multi-point inspection.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can get free oil changes for life,but,I do not want to drive 45 minutes one way for it. This was my first oil change which I paid for.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It probably depends on the dealer. My dealer sent a coupon to do the first oil change for $9.95, as well as a free multi-point inspection.
Good deal,I feel ripped off now. :wink::smile:

·
Registered
210 Posts
washed it, got the paint scratched to **** by the shop not rinsing their mitt properly, spent 4 hours paste waxing it and after 24 hours it already has a 1mm layer of dust on..... I love shanghai's air quality ^^;;
your car is meant for california, florida, or hawaii lol

·
Registered
542 Posts
I got a coupon from a local Hyundai dealer for a free oil change the other day-- they also included some other very generous coupons like this one:

[URL=http://s273.photobucket.com/user/rhf-1/media/CabinFilter_zps4f16266b.jpg.html][IMG]http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj239/rhf-1/CabinFilter_zps4f16266b.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

It's hard to resist such a tempting offer . . .
Not sure if you're being sarcastic but paying $39.95 +tax for a cabin air filter your already paying for that "free" oil change. You can get a filter and install it yourself in 2 minutes for a third of that price. Just saying...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
404 Posts
Weather was nice today so I gave mine a bath. We had snow over the weekend and the road crews love to get over zealous with the sand and salt. Needless to say the car was disgusting. Plus i don't like the grime on the paint for too long. :)

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got a coupon from a local Hyundai dealer for a free oil change the other day-- they also included some other very generous coupons like this one:

<a href="http://" target="_blank">

It's hard to resist such a tempting offer . . .

Thats a great offer. If I came across that,I would jump on it even if I did not need it. Go to dealer,get it done,go home and take it out and replace it when needed.:grin2:

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
washed it, got the paint scratched to **** by the shop not rinsing their mitt properly, spent 4 hours paste waxing it and after 24 hours it already has a 1mm layer of dust on..... I love shanghai's air quality ^^;;
That sucks,whats wrong with people?! One mm of dust? Be thankful you do not live near Buffalo,NY. One town very cclose to them just received 70" of snow and they are not done yet for the week.:frozen:

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not sure if you're being sarcastic but paying $39.95 +tax for a cabin air filter your already paying for that "free" oil change. You can get a filter and install it yourself in 2 minutes for a third of that price. Just saying...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
A factory cabin filter is only $13 ?

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For the first time on this car,I added a 20 oz. bottle of Techron Concentrate Plus in lieu of the two additives MMO and Pri-G which are added every time we fuel up. The Techron will be added at every oil change going forward,at roughly 5000-6000 miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
Seeing as it was a balmy 4 degrees this morning, I backed the car out of the warm garage. The car told me to get F****d and pulled itself back into the garage. dang new fangled computer systems.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:grin2:
Seeing as it was a balmy 4 degrees this morning, I backed the car out of the warm garage. The car told me to get F****d and pulled itself back into the garage. dang new fangled computer systems.

Aah,the benefits of having a smart car.:grin2:LOL,yeah its way too cold too early!

·
Registered
542 Posts
1 - 20 of 1397 Posts
About this Discussion
1.4K Replies
162 Participants
jdubs
Hyundai Forums
Hyundai Forum is a community for all Hyundai Owners to talk and learn all about their favorite subject: Hyundai cars from the Sonata to the Elantra and even the new Kona!
Full Forum Listing