Hyundai Forums banner

1141 - 1160 of 1163 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
I ordered new wheels for the Sonata and hopefully they come sooner rather than later. They’re TSW Tabac with a gloss black finish. They’re 18x8 with a +40mm offset so they’ll be a bit more flush than the Konig wheels I have. I also got a new set of tires to go along with it. Fallen Ziex ZE960: 235/45R18. I ordered them from Wheelfire and they have great customer service. I’ll take pics once they’re installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,528 Posts
I ordered new wheels for the Sonata and hopefully they come sooner rather than later. They’re TSW Tabac with a gloss black finish. They’re 18x8 with a +40mm offset so they’ll be a bit more flush than the Konig wheels I have. I also got a new set of tires to go along with it. Fallen Ziex ZE960: 235/45R18. I ordered them from Wheelfire and they have great customer service. I’ll take pics once they’re installed.

Your car looks great and the wheels you have a good looking. Just bored and needed a change?
For whatever reason IMO its a great choice ! I really like that basic design, they look great on the Sonata.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Your car looks great and the wheels you have a good looking. Just bored and needed a change?
For whatever reason IMO its a great choice ! I really like that basic design, they look great on the Sonata.

Thank you! I’ve had the konig wheels on the car since January of 2017 and thought it was time for a change. I’ve made a few minor changes so far but nothing too crazy. I’m really looking forward to putting them on and finishing my project. After the wheels i’m doing a chrome delete and a roof wrap

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,528 Posts
Thank you! I’ve had the konig wheels on the car since January of 2017 and thought it was time for a change. I’ve made a few minor changes so far but nothing too crazy. I’m really looking forward to putting them on and finishing my project. After the wheels i’m doing a chrome delete and a roof wrap
I know the feeling... cant leave them alone too long :)

ive been thinking about a roof wrap to change up the look. please post pictures

·
Registered
260 Posts
Attempted to do some vinyl wrap with Superwrap. Well one good and few bad. The good - color came out great and mirrors show it, IMHO. The bad - didn't do good job on masking/removing it so got bunch of "chippings" and letters are no fun. Will try again and hopefully with better results. Have not clean letters yet but going to just remove vinyl with exception of mirrors and spoiler (for now just to see how it holds).

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,528 Posts
Got the strut brace, had SeaFoam done. The engine runs quiet and smooth.
I like the Ultra Brace, looks like you have plenty of room to get the master cylinder cap off. I have the AEM and it is round tubing one piece but comes very close to the master cylinder so its a PIA to remove the cap.

The only reason I purchased mine was because I found it NIB on EBay for $ 50. I did not feel any difference with it and Im a "spirited" driver, run a high speed canyon home a couple times a week, 40-80 mph sweeping curves etc.

Let us know what you think about the feel of the car pre and post strut brace.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I like the Ultra Brace, looks like you have plenty of room to get the master cylinder cap off. I have the AEM and it is round tubing one piece but comes very close to the master cylinder so its a PIA to remove the cap.

The only reason I purchased mine was because I found it NIB on EBay for $ 50. I did not feel any difference with it and Im a "spirited" driver, run a high speed canyon home a couple times a week, 40-80 mph sweeping curves etc.

Let us know what you think about the feel of the car pre and post strut brace.
You're right, I can get to the brake fluid.
She feels more stable sideways and when making turns like on and off ramps, doesn't lean to sides. Will know more when OEM suspension goes back in if it's the strut brace alone or the combination with current coilovers, or maybe OEM will work as well. Will update as soon as i know.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Finally hit 97,000 miles on my LF today, so far no I have had no major issues than door lock motor going bad (replaced under warranty). I decided to do a full service on the car as listed below.

Replace Spark Plugs
Intake Manifold cleaning with CRC
Replace Engine Oil, and Filter (Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W-30, and WIX Filter)
Transmission Oil change (Amsoil ATF)
Coolant Flush, and Fill
Wiper Blades
Cabin Filter
Engine Air Filter
Wiper Flush, and Fill

If anyone has questions regarding the process or parts that are needed feel free to ask!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Finally hit 97,000 miles on my LF today, so far no I have had no major issues than door lock motor going bad (replaced under warranty). I decided to do a full service on the car as listed below.

Replace Spark Plugs
Intake Manifold cleaning with CRC
Replace Engine Oil, and Filter (Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W-30, and WIX Filter)
Transmission Oil change (Amsoil ATF)
Coolant Flush, and Fill
Wiper Blades
Cabin Filter
Engine Air Filter
Wiper Flush, and Fill

If anyone has questions regarding the process or parts that are needed feel free to ask!
For the transmission, just drain and fill back with the amount that came out? I suspect I'll be bringing the car to the dealer for the coolant and transmission work... I'm not even sure where the get rid of the fluids correctly.

·
Registered
170 Posts
For the transmission, just drain and fill back with the amount that came out? I suspect I'll be bringing the car to the dealer for the coolant and transmission work... I'm not even sure where the get rid of the fluids correctly.
Yes, just put back the same amount that came out. I was able to only get 5 quarts out, but plan on doing it again in 10k miles so I can have the factory transmission fluid replaced with Amsoil. I would highly recommend doing it yourself, saves a lot of money. Any auto parts store like Autozone will take the old fluid.

·
Registered
2019 Sonata Limited Luxury...1995 Skyline R33 GTR V-spec.
202 Posts
Checking to see if I can find a better intercooler, etc for my wife's 19 Sonata 2.0T. New project since R33 GTR is finished, try my talents on making a lethal 2.0T.

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,528 Posts
Checking to see if I can find a better intercooler, etc for my wife's 19 Sonata 2.0T. New project since R33 GTR is finished, try my talents on making a lethal 2.0T.
Shark Racing has this for the LF but it only shows 2015-2018. But the 2019 is the same as the 2019 body style so it may work

1141 - 1160 of 1163 Posts