Hyundai Forums banner

1121 - 1131 of 1131 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
They’re Morimoto’s from the Retrofit Source. 35W 9005 bulbs in 5300k color temp
Thanks for the info.

I went back to PIAA Ultra halogen bulbs over the Beamtech that I had (I believe they were the same as you were using) They just did not throw enough distance IMO compared to halogen.

I would like to get the color matching with the DRL strip so I may give these a try. Ive been on the fence about trying the CSP Mini LED from GTR Lighting ( GTR Lighting CSP Mini LED Headlights, 9005 / 9145 Bulbs ) one of the members started a thread on them recently and they were a perfect color match and based on the pictures in his thread they looked like they had a good beam pattern without loosing distance over the halogens.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Installed summer rims and tires

18" MODA MD14 Machined with Black Accent wheels with center caps wapped in carbon fiber
225/45ZR-18 General G-MAX RS Ultra High Performance Summer Tires

IMG_4344.jpg IMG_4587.jpg IMG_4588.jpg

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Did a Brake Fluid Flush, Tire Rotation and wash, clay bar (I use a Mothers Speed Clay 2.0 now and it is so much faster that real clay) and apply Turtle Wax Ceramic (first time to try it out).
97,300 miles brake fluid was like honey in color and consistency. I was a little surprised at how much brake fluid it took to complete. I used a little more than 32 oz. of Prestone DOT 3.

Brake pedal is a little more firm now.

The Turtle Wax Ceramic is a breeze to apply and does give a great deep shine, water beads up well. It had good reviews. A couple reviews looked better results than the Meguires product which are the detailing line I usually use (wax, quick detailer, etc)

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Installed summer rims and tires

18" MODA MD14 Machined with Black Accent wheels with center caps wapped in carbon fiber
225/45ZR-18 General G-MAX RS Ultra High Performance Summer Tires

View attachment 446696 View attachment 446697 View attachment 446698
I like them, looks very good.
Why did you go with a smaller than OEM 18" tire? The Sports with OEM 18" use a 235/45/18 and by + sizing to a 245/45/18 you can correct the speedometer error that is in all Sonatas and there is no clearance problems. Your 225/45 are a little smaller diameter so they will add slightly to the speedo error reading faster than you are going.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I like them, looks very good.
Why did you go with a smaller than OEM 18" tire? The Sports with OEM 18" use a 235/45/18 and by + sizing to a 245/45/18 you can correct the speedometer error that is in all Sonatas and there is no clearance problems. Your 225/45 are a little smaller diameter so they will add slightly to the speedo error reading faster than you are going.
No other tire size option with these rims on Tire Rack. I’m fine with speedo being slightly off.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Got around to giving a nice wash yesterday and today after work I’ll move on to the interior. I have some scuffs on the black soft touch plastic along the side of the climate controls. I’ll try a bunch of things to see if I can remove It
4859A0A9-F094-413A-887A-0BBE237BC359.jpeg

1121 - 1131 of 1131 Posts