Hyundai Forums banner

1121 - 1140 of 1178 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,779 Posts
They’re Morimoto’s from the Retrofit Source. 35W 9005 bulbs in 5300k color temp
Thanks for the info.

I went back to PIAA Ultra halogen bulbs over the Beamtech that I had (I believe they were the same as you were using) They just did not throw enough distance IMO compared to halogen.

I would like to get the color matching with the DRL strip so I may give these a try. Ive been on the fence about trying the CSP Mini LED from GTR Lighting ( GTR Lighting CSP Mini LED Headlights, 9005 / 9145 Bulbs ) one of the members started a thread on them recently and they were a perfect color match and based on the pictures in his thread they looked like they had a good beam pattern without loosing distance over the halogens.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Installed summer rims and tires

18" MODA MD14 Machined with Black Accent wheels with center caps wapped in carbon fiber
225/45ZR-18 General G-MAX RS Ultra High Performance Summer Tires

IMG_4344.jpg IMG_4587.jpg IMG_4588.jpg

·
Registered
2019 Sonata Sport 2.4L GDI
338 Posts
Please go to the posting:
How to recalibrate Hyundai blend door actuator?
And read the entire thread. All the steps and information are there. :- )

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,779 Posts
Did a Brake Fluid Flush, Tire Rotation and wash, clay bar (I use a Mothers Speed Clay 2.0 now and it is so much faster that real clay) and apply Turtle Wax Ceramic (first time to try it out).
97,300 miles brake fluid was like honey in color and consistency. I was a little surprised at how much brake fluid it took to complete. I used a little more than 32 oz. of Prestone DOT 3.

Brake pedal is a little more firm now.

The Turtle Wax Ceramic is a breeze to apply and does give a great deep shine, water beads up well. It had good reviews. A couple reviews looked better results than the Meguires product which are the detailing line I usually use (wax, quick detailer, etc)

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,779 Posts
Installed summer rims and tires

18" MODA MD14 Machined with Black Accent wheels with center caps wapped in carbon fiber
225/45ZR-18 General G-MAX RS Ultra High Performance Summer Tires

View attachment 446696 View attachment 446697 View attachment 446698
I like them, looks very good.
Why did you go with a smaller than OEM 18" tire? The Sports with OEM 18" use a 235/45/18 and by + sizing to a 245/45/18 you can correct the speedometer error that is in all Sonatas and there is no clearance problems. Your 225/45 are a little smaller diameter so they will add slightly to the speedo error reading faster than you are going.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I like them, looks very good.
Why did you go with a smaller than OEM 18" tire? The Sports with OEM 18" use a 235/45/18 and by + sizing to a 245/45/18 you can correct the speedometer error that is in all Sonatas and there is no clearance problems. Your 225/45 are a little smaller diameter so they will add slightly to the speedo error reading faster than you are going.
No other tire size option with these rims on Tire Rack. I’m fine with speedo being slightly off.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Got around to giving a nice wash yesterday and today after work I’ll move on to the interior. I have some scuffs on the black soft touch plastic along the side of the climate controls. I’ll try a bunch of things to see if I can remove It
4859A0A9-F094-413A-887A-0BBE237BC359.jpeg

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,779 Posts
Added a Steering Wheel Cover (leather lace on).
I've been looking for a steering wheel cover for the "Sport D Shaped Wheel" (flat bottom) since I got the car and only found the slip over type.

I called "Wheel Skins" and they would make one if I sent them the dimensions of the wheel for about $ 70. But I did not want to be the demo cover and then have possible problems .

Found one on AliExpress from China for $22.00 (now it is up to $26) the vendor is O SHI car Store and they have a You Tube Video on instalation (search O SHI Car Store on You Tube) Took 3 weeks for delivery, Im told it is due to Covid 19 there is a delay on shipping from China. The cover is real leather, perforated on the sides, a very good tight fit when stiched on the wheel and pulled tight.

I am very happy with the improvement it makes to the feel and look of the steering wheel and because it is a stitch on it doesnt make the wheel much larger in diameter like the universal or slip over covers that are open on the inside.

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,779 Posts
Passed the 100,000 mile mark on the way home today. Purchased the car new May 2017, took 3 years 1 month to get there. The last few months been riding my Fatboy or Road Glide to work so the Sonata got a bit of a rest.

It is running as good as day 1, no oil consumption, good power and smooth.

·
Registered
2019 Sonata Limited Luxury...1995 Skyline R33 GTR V-spec.
228 Posts
Washed the 19' Sonata and R33 GTR, then applied Turtle ceramic wax to both. I really love this wax, gives both cars that " Shine "!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Got my windows tinted. 70% on the front side windows to be legal, 55% on the pano roof, 20% on the rear side windows and 5% on the rear window.

Before:

After:

Reactions: johfed

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Limited 2.4L w/Tech & Ult Pkg's
340 Posts
Got new tires since previous one got too loud in last 7K miles or so, great for the first 35K miles. Went with Bridgestone Turanza Quiet Track 225/55/17, they were out of 225/50/17 and I did not want to wait. Also had my mechanic check if any parts need to be replace when he installs new struts/shocks and new rotors/pads. All looked good, he doesn't want to replace anything and said all looked really solid, saves me some money :). Got brakes, waiting on new suspension parts.

1121 - 1140 of 1178 Posts