Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1163 Posts

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you do a small mod,a repair,maintenance,either minor or major? It may give others an idea or a reminder that maintenance is due.

This evening,I took all four wheels off and replaced the center caps with the Luxury Generation caps I had on the 2014. Torqued the lug nuts to 80 ft. lbs.:smile:

Reactions: himilcyclr

·
Registered
391 Posts
All I did tonite is give mine a good hand wash / dry.... in the morning it's 303 on the black trim, lights and tires. Hopefully one of these days I get in the mood to wax.
Good nite & Cheers p

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paul,what is this 303 you speak of?

·
Registered
68 Posts
All I did with mine today was to hypermile it around town for about 30 miles to the tune of 29.3 MPG. Tomorrow morning, I will wash it as we will have fall-like temps and no rain on the horizon for the next 7 days.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I purchased LED lights for the interior of my LF. A full set minus the vanity and trunk lights (stupid stock issues...)

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I purchased LED lights for the interior of my LF. A full set minus the vanity and trunk lights (stupid stock issues...)
Do you have a link to where you purchased from? I took the led bulbs out of the 2014,but,some of the bulbs are a different type. How do you change the licence plate bulbs? There are no screws to remove the lens and I did not want to pry them out for fear of breaking the lens.

·
Registered
445 Posts
@Airforce1, I bought them at my local Canadian Tire. I was going to order from diodedynamics.com this morning, but I couldn't wait for shipping, and if I did happen to get a wrong size bulb, returning would have been a beeotch.

As for the license plate lights, from the DIY thread here, it looked like they do just pry out with a trim remover tool...I'm going to try and put those in tomorrow (if the thunderstorms stop by then lol)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Do you have a link to where you purchased from? I took the led bulbs out of the 2014,but,some of the bulbs are a different type. How do you change the licence plate bulbs? There are no screws to remove the lens and I did not want to pry them out for fear of breaking the lens.
Diode Dynamics

·
Registered
141 Posts
Received my mudguards from Hyundai via UPS, scooted up to Home Depot at lunchtime to get a right-angle phillips screwdriver and will install them this evening.

I had the bird turd incident last week...came out after work and the entire front 3/4 of my car was covered...must have been 50 hits! When I got home I cleaned them off but some were like hardened epoxy. I literally had to use a razor blade to scrape them off the windshield. I used Meguiar's Spray Detailer on the paint areas and let it soak for 15 minutes before they came off.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@Airforce1, I bought them at my local Canadian Tire. I was going to order from diodedynamics.com this morning, but I couldn't wait for shipping, and if I did happen to get a wrong size bulb, returning would have been a beeotch.

As for the license plate lights, from the DIY thread here, it looked like they do just pry out with a trim remover tool...I'm going to try and put those in tomorrow (if the thunderstorms stop by then lol)
Thanks guys. Tonight,I replaced the license plate bulbs,dome light,and vanity lights with the leds I had from the 2014. The map lights use different bulbs,so,I will have to get 2 T-10's.

·
Registered
515 Posts
After only 5 days and less then 700 miles on the car, THIS happens.....

No frame damage and no airbags deployed but still $5500 worth of damage. Kind of shocking to me since the damage was confined to the fender and bumper cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
662 Posts

No frame damage and no airbags deployed but still $5500 worth of damage. Kind of shocking to me since the damage was confined to the fender and bumper cover.
Oh that's painful to see. Could I ask how?

·
Registered
391 Posts

Doesn't take much to get up to $5000+ anymore - hope it goes good at the body / paint shop - let us know..........
Good luck \ Cheers p

·
Registered
68 Posts

Ouch!! So very sorry!! Hope the repair is quick and complete!

1 - 20 of 1163 Posts