Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put a big Xmas bow where the required-in-Virginia front plate will eventually go and ordered a reversible cargo mat.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Anyway you can post a picture? I am thinking about doing the same but my wife's afraid they wouldn't look too good in her brand new car.
I put them in my Ram Laramie that listed for 50K and they look terrific, pick the correct color and you'll be very pleased. And---you'll be pleased again next Spring when you reinstall your factory floor mats that don't look like they spent the past 6 months as a door mat a Way-mart!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Finally had some time yesterday to get some things done on the new Santa Fe:

1. Programmed the Homelink button for the garage door opener
2. Adjusted the User Settings in the LCD Screen.
3. Adjusted the AV Settings in the Home Screen. Speakers sound much better now.
4. Paired iPhone and Android phone to Bluetooth. This feature works great for both phones, including music, navigation, etc.
5. Adjusted the height of the liftgate so it doesn't go up too high.
6. Added emblems and license plate frame to the liftgate.

So far we are very happy with the vehicle. Still getting used to all of the safety features. This vehicle is amazing....

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Where did you get the emblems? Our SF is a Limited, but there is no "Limited" emblem on the liftgate. Not a big deal, just curious.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks....didn't realize it was minus the emblem until I washed it for the first time. But then I didn't notice the glove box lock was missing either.

Guess they are trying to cut down on weight to up the mileage. :laugh:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Where did you get the emblems? Our SF is a Limited, but there is no "Limited" emblem on the liftgate. Not a big deal, just curious.
See Amazon links for emblems:
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011ZA8J7E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011Z82CK6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1[/ame]
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Y5NW8AI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Route66
I'm down in the Phoenix Valley. We are going to start doing a lot of 1-3 day driving trips this coming spring. I am considering a new Santa Fe, Tuscan, or Kia Sportage, all with the 2.4 GDI. Do you think this engine is up to the task for the mountain driving in Arizona and nearby states?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Route66
I'm down in the Phoenix Valley. We are going to start doing a lot of 1-3 day driving trips this coming spring. I am considering a new Santa Fe, Tuscan, or Kia Sportage, all with the 2.4 GDI. Do you think this engine is up to the task for the mountain driving in Arizona and nearby states?
If you get the Santa Fe i’d go with the 2.0 turbo. The 2.4 will be just fine but if you can afford it the added torque would be really nice in a mountain environment. The other cars are smaller and the 2.4 carries them around much easier. So if you are stuck on the 2.4 I may opt for the Tucson.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The reverseable cargo mat I ordered on the 13th arrived yesterday (18th) and I like it!
The storage bins we use have non-slip pads on all 4 corners and don't move around on carpet.
If we ever take the SF skiing, flipping it yeilds a nice rubber mat.
No lip like Weathertech but should do for wet pets, snow play items like tubes, snowshoes, etc.
Arrived quickly from Hyundai Shop.
Beat dealers' prices – no one budged from msrp – no tax, no shipping, got a $5 off code so saved almost $15 total and mat came to my carport.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Route66
I traded a 2017 2.0T for the 2019 2.4. Prior to the 2019 model all the transmissions, had a 6 speed. The 2019 Santa Fe has an 8 speed transmission. We frequently go from Kingman to Laughlin, NV which has a 12 mile 6% grade. I set the cruise for about 68mph (65 zone) and I notice little difference between the two cars. The main difference is that the 2.4 will drop 2 gears and climb the hill in 6th gear, whereas the turbo would stay in 6th without downshifting.

Before I bought my first Hyundai I went to Enterprise and rented a Kia Sportage, a Tucson, and a Santa Fe for a day. I took them on the same trip as above and the Santa Fe was the best of all of them. It was well worth the money to take them all on a 80 mile trip. We found the 2017 Kia to be a bit uncomfortable. If you can find a rental in your area that has the cars you are interested in rent one or two and take them on trip to Flagstaff. That should give you the answers to your questions.

My 2019 gets better mileage and the maintenance will costs less because the turbo requires more frequent oil changes. I have no regrets in getting the 2.4 engine and it performs very well.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts