Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks for the additional information.

Are there components that break down based on time rather than usage? I'm wondering about the "once a year" intervals that are sometimes recommended regardless of mileage. The only explanation I could think of is that some of the materials break down with exposure to oxygen (or another component of air) and it would not be a factor while still in the bottle.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
If you follow the Manual, then you can expected a shorter engine life. You are much better-off to cut the Manual Maintenance schedule in half and improve on various things written..... like using 5w30 instead of 5w20 (in manual). Use full synthetic instead of the dealer issued synthetic blend (roughly 33% syn).

My air filter was dirty at 12k. Manual allows much longer.
My cabin filter was filthy at 10k and I drive on large Metro area concrete.
Cut the Manual's recommendation on coolant changes, differential fluids and trans fluids in half too.

..... and so on .... so on.... so on.

One last thing.
Use top-tier fuel and always use Normal Mode on the transmission. Keep those RPMs south of 3.5k. Keep the dipstick oil level at full mark.

·
Registered
854 Posts
No HUD in the USA Limited HEV......
That‘s an overkill. It has a digitally enhanced analogy speedometer and digital speedometer, when turn lights are engaged. Do you really need one one speedometer projected on the windshield?

Oh, reminder. Please check the dash color. The cream or white color dash reflect off the windshield and can cause visual disruption. This is also true if you put white paper on the dash.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
859 Posts
That‘s an overkill. It has a digitally enhanced analogy speedometer and digital speedometer, when turn lights are engaged. Do you really need one one speedometer projected on the windshield?

Oh, reminder. Please check the dash color. The cream or white color dash reflect off the windshield and can cause visual disruption. This is also true if you put white paper on the dash.
HUD is a fantastic safety feature, whether or not you like it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Aussie here, traded a 2017 Audi q5 for a my21 Diesel awd DCT Santa fe. Didn't like the Diesel in fact hated it even though we own a 10 yr old ix35.
I ended up swapping the my21 for a my20 Santa Fe 206kw 3.5 petrol Active x model.
Love this car as it goes well fuel economy is reasonable and handles better than the newer 21 model that uses a one world suspension setting.

Currently 1/2 way through a 6000k trip through Northern Australia and can't fault it.

I tried X Trails, Kia, Palliate, Mitsubishi Outlander Phev and CRV's prior to settling on Sf.
I Sold a lovely Wolfsburg Passatt to get a higher riding vehicle and to be honest it beat the rest mechanically hands down.

I really love the Android Auto and the ride the 18's give. Nearly bought a brand new set of highlander 20's of a guy for tyre value 2 weeks ago. Glad I didn't now.
The car is a comfortable country cruiser and an all round nice car to drive.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
1,264 Posts
Cool to let buddies know my SF has HUD. I'm ok without it as it doesn't improve anything other than the cool factor. Some people say it keeps the eye level in front instead of looking down etc. That is fine for those who need to check speed limit often. I check cars around me, rarely my speed.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
859 Posts
Cool to let buddies know my SF has HUD. I'm ok without it as it doesn't improve anything other than the cool factor. Some people say it keeps the eye level in front instead of looking down etc. That is fine for those who need to check speed limit often. I check cars around me, rarely my speed.
HUD also displays blind spot alerts, radio station change, active cruise control, LKA activtion, nav turn by turn. Lots of things so that you don't have to look down at the dash.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
1,264 Posts
Correct. But I hardly look at those info, on HUD or dash. For me, HUD is just a novelty, good for showoff.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
827 Posts
Correct. But I hardly look at those info, on HUD or dash. For me, HUD is just a novelty, good for showoff.
Who are you showing it off to? No one can see it but whomever is driving the car....and HUD isn't anything to show off...it's been around for a while now.

·
Registered
2019 SF Ultimate AWD
4 Posts
We looked at 2019 Lincoln MKX, Cadillac, Honda CRV and Lexus RX.
Bought a used 2019 SF Ultimate AWD with 20K miles and dealer bumped up the warranties.
I use the HUD because it is not there unless I focus on it, and it is safer.
I still like the manual controls on my 2003 Jeep because I don't have to look at them, I can use them by feel.
Pushing buttons all over the dash, door panels, and consoles is not safe.

·
Registered
2021 Santa Fe: Preferred w/Trend CDN
3 Posts
The wife and I cross shopped with:
2020/21 variants of Toyota Rav4, Mazda CX-5, Honda Ridgeline, Ford Edge, Hyundai Tucson. We settled on a ' 21 Santa Fe: Preferred, Trend (Likely close to a SEL + Convenience pack + Leather) for our American friends. I still wish we went with the Mazda for the build quality alone, we have had quite a few issues cosmetically with our santa fe, and while we have not had any mechanical issues yet "touch wood" the early ownership experience, and issues with corporate trying to get this resolved has clouded my view of the brand somewhat. YMMV.

Edit:
We still love the extra space for compact money the santa fe provides, and the tech package is second to none, Brand service and corporate apathy towards us, when the dealer damaged our vehicle has been a huge negative, and leaves us wondering where we will sit once a "big ticket" warranty item comes into play.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe SEL 2.4 HTRAC
4 Posts
I definitely wanted a car with a 10 year 100K mile warranty. That's only Kia, Hyundai and Mitsubishi. The final 2 choices were Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross and Hyundai Santa Fe. At the end I went with the Santa Fe. It's bigger and seemed more sophisticated and more car for the money. Lots of safety features. I'm very happy with my choice. I still own an older Mitsubishi Outlander that my daughter drives. That car was very reliable over the years. I'm hoping that the Santa Fe will be just as reliable in years to come.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
827 Posts
The wife and I cross shopped with:
2020/21 variants of Toyota Rav4, Mazda CX-5, Honda Ridgeline, Ford Edge, Hyundai Tucson. We settled on a ' 21 Santa Fe: Preferred, Trend (Likely close to a SEL + Convenience pack + Leather) for our American friends. I still wish we went with the Mazda for the build quality alone, we have had quite a few issues cosmetically with our santa fe, and while we have not had any mechanical issues yet "touch wood" the early ownership experience, and issues with corporate trying to get this resolved has clouded my view of the brand somewhat. YMMV.

Edit:
We still love the extra space for compact money the santa fe provides, and the tech package is second to none, Brand service and corporate apathy towards us, when the dealer damaged our vehicle has been a huge negative, and leaves us wondering where we will sit once a "big ticket" warranty item comes into play.
I do love my SF, but I would have to agree that contact with Hyundai corporate and the dealership has negatively impacted my view of the company. It is terrible, so much incompetence.....

21 - 40 of 64 Posts