Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gf car is a 2005 Hyundai Accent. About a month ago it started making a muffling sound that sounds like its choking or the muffler has a hole in it. Her gas consumption also has gotten much worse. Im debating if this is the O2 sensors or the exhaust. Im worried that if i take it to have the codes read that i wont get an accurate reading because her engine light has been on for a long time over a year ago. I just want to get this fixed and dont want to waste time on something its not. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Scan it.. then report back... dont spemd money guessing.. it'll cost you more tossing parts..

Is it a whatever a "muffling"?????? (whats that??) or does the exhaust have a leak in it... where is the leak in relative position to the car ??

I already have a good idea what your code(s) might be, but I want you to tell me the exact code... I dont need despritions, just the P-xxxx code.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.