Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: I have owned by XG for 8 months and I have had several problems. I'm asking here for a bit of advice because I'm so tired of the Hyundai dealer I take her to. They can never find anything wrong yet it is so evident there is something wrong.

Anyway, I was driving home last week and she was idling very high. Usually I can't feel the engine at all at a red light. Shaking and I could hear the engine idling like a hot rod !

The gears have started to change when they want to or not at all. Driving at 90km in 3rd gear is not good, neither is turning a corner in 5th.

On acceleration she feels like she's going to stall and she shakes bad and loses power going up hills. The dealer doesn't take me seriously because "I'm a female". Does anyone have an idea what might cause this so I don't sound stupid explaining myself (yet again) when I take her in (yet again).

Your help would be so appreciated !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Once I experienced the same thing when I just washed my engine. Apparently there was a problem with electronic throtle.

I suggest you to be more specific on what happened before that. In my case, I called 24-hour road assistance and what they did was just drying the connection.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ok.. you did not tell us what is your model? XG 30 or what?

Anyway I have XG 30 and the same history of problems was with me,,,

Just check that by the following:

1- open the hood...
2- look to your right side..there is the air filter unit with a host conncting it to the throttle...

3- you can see a conncetion( electrical) connected to the middle of that tube(host) and it is connected to the AIR FLOW SENSOR.

4- just remove that connection and see

if the engine IDLE speed is changed and you tried driving the car and there is a big diffrence, then you have to change this AIR FLOW SENSOR .

It will cost about 500 dollars...and very easy to change...

thanks and contact me if you did not understand anything....thanks...MMK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts