Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide between an se in harbor gray metallic or the pacific blue pearl. Anyone have the pacific blue they can share pictures of? Such a hard decision because both colors look great but I think the blue shows dirt much more. The gray is a very popular color judging by he 15 gray sonatas the dealership had on its lot

·
Registered
103 Posts
I personally have a Phantom Black however I wish I got the grey. The blue is really drab and boring (in my opinion). The grey REALLY catches the eye when you are driving. It looks very very sharp. I wish I had got that color.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
QUOTE (VisualMethod @ Oct 24 2010, 06:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365991
I personally have a Phantom Black however I wish I got the grey. The blue is really drab and boring (in my opinion). The grey REALLY catches the eye when you are driving. It looks very very sharp. I wish I had got that color.
i wanted the black...but all they had were three on the lot with navigation, as well as one silver blue w/nag and white one with nav. i got the only harbor gray off that shipment that didn't have navigation. granted, the grey was my second choice after comparing the pacific blue and grey very very closely...different angles in the sun...in the shadows...in the service garage (darker). i just like the grey with the chrome better. but, to each their own. i won't say grey is better than any other color...i just find it more appealing to ME than the blue.

·
Registered
713 Posts
My favorite color is the white pearl, however grey was my second color choice. The grey and white make the car look much better. I just turned in a black G35 that nearly killed me trying to keep it washed and waxed. I had to continually wax the car as it had streaks and hairline scratches. The dark colors will be VERY HARD to keep clean if you're into a clean ride. Funny but white cars hardly ever look dirty.

Ray

·
Registered
40 Posts
In Canada the pacific blue pearl is called Granite Blue, and i love it compared to the harbor gray. But thats my personal opinion. I've gotten nothing but complements on my GLS. :shades: Here a link to some pics from an other topic

link here

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wife's Santa Fe is Deepwater Blue, my last 4 vehicles have been silver, and my folks have always had white cars, so the Harbor Gray was an easy choice for me. I have to make sure I don't park right outside my office window because I find myself staring at it all day long!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here are a few pics of mine. The thing I like about the blue is the multitude of colors you see depending on the light. I thought about the Grey as well, but in the end seeing this car on a bright sunny day is what sold me. Either way I think you will be happy.

[attachment=20935:2.jpg]
[attachment=20934:1.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here's my Pacific Blue Pearl - Limited w/Nav. I was looking at the darker colors (Pacific Blue and Black) b/c I feel like the accents pop more under the windows and the in the grill with the darker colors...just my opinion..I had a black bar prior to the sonata so I went PBP. I get comments all the time about how nice the color is...they are all great tho!

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
We bought the Camel Pearl (gold-ish color)....and love it. It looks so elegant! I was surprised though, we went to two dealerships, and only one dealership had this color vehicle, and they only had one of them! I would think this would be a popular color, but either it isn't popular, or maybe it is popular, and that is the reason there weren't any around (because they were all sold!). I like the color because is isn't as "gold" as other makes/models. It doesn't have that very yellow gold color...but instead is nicely muted with the yellow that many of the gold type of cars out there have. And, it comes in the beige interior, which was a must for me. There were a ton of grey/silver vehicles on both dealer lots that we saw. I just don't like the grey interior and the cloth pattern the grey interior has. Are there many others out there that have the Camel Pearl?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had first looked at the Pearl White, but didn't like the two-tone interior. But, ended up buying the radiant silver model. It looks very much like this picture from the Hyundai website. The darker car models turn into ovens down here in Arizona.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
[attachment=21459:photo2.JPG] [attachment=21458:pic.JPG]
[attachment=21455:photo1.JPG] [attachment=21460:photo3.JPG]
I went with the Harbor Blue. I was interested in the dark grey but they didn't have all the features I was looking for at the dealership. They had this blue one that already had the windows tinted and it looked real sharp to me once they washed it and brought it out to me. I recommend getting the windows tinted if they aren't already. I also think the small tires really set the way the car looks also.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Phanotom Black GLS (with gray being my second choice). I would have considered white except it is only available with the brown interior for the GLS. I would have selected white with the black interior, but this is only available in the SE and the Limited. After going through this forum, maybe an after market leather seat option (in black) would have been an alternative for the white Sonata GLS.

·
Registered
486 Posts
+1 Pacific Blue ..... I think it Shows the Chrome trim really well, and while I wouldn't have had anything but Black in my other car, an '00 Linc LS, in the Sonata I found I much preferred the "black-leaning" Pacific BLUE.

The You Tube video actually washes out the darkness of the Pacific Blue because of the bright sun when taken.
Good luck - In the end, after all the suggestions/opinions time will steer you into a final choice you'll like.
Take your time til you're sure.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts