Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just try to top off my coolant, on the Reserve tank it looks blue but in the radiator it looks green. It's the first time I put my hands on the coolant and I'm in Texas. I checked the hand book it says 50/50.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Then told me about that but it's really hot here. I just used the car to go to work. I don't drive fast or hard but the car is modify a little and it's to hot to be under the hood and I'm working long hours hope by next week it's going to slow down to do the flush.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
There is no best coolant.

The color does NOT matter. What matters is the technology of the coolant. Just make sure its an Asian coolant.

One shouldn't bother flushing. Flushing will usually throw off ratios, oxidize all those engine/radiator/core/pump metals, hoses, ... all that is being protected by the coolant additive package. Drain/refill radiator and the overflow/recovery/degassing bottle with any of the Asian coolants from your local stores.

ZerexValvoline, Peak, Pentosin, OEM/Recochem, BeckArnley, AisinWarner, SuperTech, Napa.... all have either a blueish or greenish Asian coolant that you can use.

If you mix Zerex Asian Blue with Asian Green, you'll make Asian Aqua/Cyan coolant. Its a special coolant color like no other and you should trademark it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts