Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi want to slamm my elantra 2013 with coilover kit. I look for Ksport or HSD coilover, but am not sure that's what take to slamm my elantra like a want. I want a drop like this image...Somebody have a idea what I need.
Sorry for my english am not so good am a french canadien!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I believe this car is former forum member 1Fastdad's car. Anyways, I believe he's actually not using coilovers but Meccatunes lowering springs.

·
Registered
306 Posts

ya its my buddy 1fastdad were located in in ontario canada he's riding on hsd coilovers with about 3" drop with rolled fenders. In the pic I'm on his old meccatune springs that gave me about 2" drop with rolled fenders. Just bought k sport coilovers through nextmod hopefully be in next week!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

ya its my buddy 1fastdad were located in in ontario canada he's riding on hsd coilovers with about 3" drop with rolled fenders. In the pic I'm on his old meccatune springs that gave me about 2" drop with rolled fenders. Just bought k sport coilovers through nextmod hopefully be in next week!
Went you install the ksport coilover are you able to give my feetback about lowring ?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Im thinking about buying coilovers too and on the fence on whih one to buy. How do compare the ksport vs hsd? Which do you like better and y? Specs wise they are pretty similar.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Im thinking about buying coilovers too and on the fence on whih one to buy. How do compare the ksport vs hsd? Which do you like better and y? Specs wise they are pretty similar.
Read on the VelosterTurbo forums that the HSD's don't work with the Pierce Motorsports rear torsion bar. At work right now. I'll follow up with a link when I have more time to search around.

My KSports seem to be stiff no matter what dampening level I'm on. I'm sure it would be unbearable for most, but it doesn't bother me. Still better than Meccatunes spings on stock struts any given day.

Hitting bumps on just springs felt and sounded violent. On the KSports, it takes the hit well, but you feel your spine compress. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Read on the VelosterTurbo forums that the HSD's don't work with the Pierce Motorsports rear torsion bar. At work right now. I'll follow up with a link when I have more time to search around.

My KSports seem to be stiff no matter what dampening level I'm on. I'm sure it would be unbearable for most, but it doesn't bother me. Still better than Meccatunes spings on stock struts any given day.

Hitting bumps on just springs felt and sounded violent. On the KSports, it takes the hit well, but you feel your spine compress. :D
are you at the max lowring with your ksport?

·
Registered
168 Posts
are you at the max lowring with your ksport?
No. It's impossible for me to go to full low with my current rims. My rims are flush with the width of the fenders. I'm currently dropped 2.5-3 inches. Can't go any lower with risking major damage to my fenders.

In addition, any lower and your tires would end up hitting the screw that you remove to take off the front bumper. If you haven't already noticed our wheels aren't in the center of the wheel well. They are slightly forward.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No. It's impossible for me to go to full low with my current rims. My rims are flush with the width of the fenders. I'm currently dropped 2.5-3 inches. Can't go any lower with risking major damage to my fenders.

In addition, any lower and your tires would end up hitting the screw that you remove to take off the front bumper. If you haven't already noticed our wheels aren't in the center of the wheel well. They are slightly forward.
thx for info!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts