Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I haven't figure this out yet...there must be a sequence of something I do? I have an after-market remote start fob...sometimes I will be locked-out and I have to use the key, the fob will click the locks but they don't open! I'm not sure if it has something to do with opening the trunk?
It's not a huge deal but it has me befuddled! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...any logic or theories?

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've never tried the fob when the car is running but I also have a keyed ignition so maybe it's different.

Could this in theory be a safety feature so if you have the car started you won't accidentally unlock it with the fob before you get close enough?

·
Registered
4 Posts
M
I haven't figure this out yet...there must be a sequence of something I do? I have an after-market remote start fob...sometimes I will be locked-out and I have to use the key, the fob will click the locks but they don't open! I'm not sure if it has something to do with opening the trunk?
It's not a huge deal but it has me befuddled! :rolleyes:
My 2013 Sonata has aftermarket remote start and requires key in door to unlock after using the remote start, unless you buy upgraded aftermarket fobs to open the door remotely. Also these remote starters can cause many fluky things to happen. Some lame installers only hand twist wire connections and tape them, your issue could be a loose connection

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've never tried the fob when the car is running but I also have a keyed ignition so maybe it's different.

Could this in theory be a safety feature so if you have the car started you won't accidentally unlock it with the fob before you get close enough?
This is also a keyed ignition...and the car isn't running. (there are no twisted wires with this installation). This seems to happen with multiple door openings and possibly the trunk release.

·
Registered
286 Posts
This is also a keyed ignition...and the car isn't running. (there are no twisted wires with this installation). This seems to happen with multiple door openings and possibly the trunk release.
Well by gum, I'm stumped then. Car isn't running, and you press the unlock button on the fob, it should open, with no exceptions.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Somehow the remote start controller over-rides the ECM...occasionally, I can drive the car without a key. I can't say how often because I don't want to re-start if it doesn't do it! I've done it accidentally!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I change key fob battery every 3 years..

That has helped eliminate 98% of trunk release...

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts