Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I know there are very many derivatives of the MD in Various parts of the world. Like mine for some reason has Auto Window Wipers and those in the Americas don't.

I have a 2012 MD 1.8GLS MT, and here is a pic of my Cluster that sits to the right (In the States I would assume it is on the LHS) of the steering wheel.

What Features do you have here? I obviously have the ESC Off and Cluster Light Dimmer here. With 2 open slots, It would be interesting to see. Maybe the Seat warmers?

Also, Here is my Stalk for my window Wipers:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Active ECO button between ESC and wipers, right is blank.
I would imagine that this would only be applicable on the AT Models as it works with the Transmission? On a MT they cant really do this, I choose when to change and how :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wonder what the last blank is for?

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Wonder what the last blank is for?
My hypothesis is the heated steering wheel for the KDM Avante. This is just a theory, however.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Google sleuthing results:

Indian models have a headlight adjuster with a rotary switch for up/down adjustment of headlight angle.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...-petrol-initial-ownership-report-p1000937.jpg

Heated steering wheel switch is in this thread: http://www.hyundai-forums.com/222-yf-2011-sonata-i45/156970-steering-wheel-korean-2013-model-2.html

Not much call for the heated steering wheel in Western Australia. Going to be 44C this weekend (111F). Just as well we live by the beach.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My hypothesis is the heated steering wheel for the KDM Avante. This is just a theory, however.
Might be true, Lets see if any other Members have the Elusive Button.

I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of Your Guy's Dashboards and Instrument panels. Just to see differences.

Here is a (Bad -Excuse the Dirty Car, Going for a wash today) Pic of my Dash from Drivers POV

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Might be true, Lets see if any other Members have the Elusive Button.

I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of Your Guy's Dashboards and Instrument panels. Just to see differences.

Here is a (Bad -Excuse the Dirty Car, Going for a wash today) Pic of my Dash from Drivers POV

Besides your being a stick, mines is flip flopped. Pretty cool seeing a right hand drive.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh wow I didnt realise that you could get the Idle Stop/Go Feature in the Elantra's. I don't even think my dealers know that...

·
22,793 Posts
I think it would be cool to have a right-hand drive vehicle. For the novelty of it. Only problem is: I've driven the conventional way for so long I'd have those rims and tires covered in curb-rash and at salvage value in less than a day.

About that Idle Stop & Go switch. I'm tempted to buy the silly thing and install it just for the novelty of it. I could always go in for my oil changes and tell them, "This switch doesn't seem to be functioning correctly. Can one of your techs take a look at it? I'm sure it falls under the warranty, yes?"

Then, sit back, play dumb (not difficult for me), and enjoy the circus.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think it would be cool to have a right-hand drive vehicle. For the novelty of it. Only problem is: I've driven the conventional way for so long I'd have those rims and tires covered in curb-rash and at salvage value in less than a day.
Good "Morning" Okie, I would imagine your passengers wouldn't like the Novelty, A Friend of mine has a LHD here in SA, and we call it the suicide seat, Because when going on trips on a single lane freeway, and trying to get past an "18 wheeler" (as you guys call 'em) the Passenger is the one to call out if it is safe or not as the Driver cannot see without pulling more than 50% of the vehicle into the oncoming lane. :D:D:D

But yes, I was in Germany in July this year and last, and it is interesting to drive on the wrong side of the road from the wrong seat. haha

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
About that Idle Stop & Go switch. I'm tempted to buy the silly thing and install it just for the novelty of it. I could always go in for my oil changes and tell them, "This switch doesn't seem to be functioning correctly. Can one of your techs take a look at it? I'm sure it falls under the warranty, yes?"

My Dealers would just look at it and think the aliens have landed... followed by one word "eish" (google it ;))

·
22,793 Posts
...and we call it the suicide seat,...
Understand! Perfect spot for that nagging passenger that cant keep their mouth shut. Just slip out into the oncoming lane. The panic factor should shut them up.

Donde es mi espousa? (Where is my wife?) :wink2:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Understand! Perfect spot for that nagging passenger that cant keep their mouth shut. Just slip out into the oncoming lane. The panic factor should shut them up.
Or get them screaming ^_^

·
Registered
5,632 Posts

I once sat in my nephew's imported Toyota Supra bi-turbo 600 HP and it felt weird to sit behind the wheel on the right side :) shifting too must be different.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I once sat in my nephew's imported Toyota Supra bi-turbo 600 HP and it felt weird to sit behind the wheel on the right side :) shifting too must be different.
It is, and having the clutch next to the door... Takes a 'lil while to get used to.

Every time you wanna shift, you end up opening the window or banging your arm on the door... Don't even wanna go into looking for your rear view mirror...

·
22,793 Posts
Every time you wanna shift, you end up opening the window or banging your arm on the door... Don't even wanna go into looking for your rear view mirror...
LMAO, Stuart! Too funny. "laughing: I can see myself crossing the panic threshold...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts