Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
90% of the time, Kroger regular. I've also used BP, Marathon, and a Mom&Pop that sold 100% gas (non-ethanol). No adverse performance issues with any of them. I think I'm finally close to being able to post my results from using enthanol-vs-non-ethanol and ECO-vs-Non-ECO driving with three tanks of each under near identical driving conditions. I also have a trip to Florida this weekend, so I'll finally have a 100% highway mileage to report as well.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Since the Manual says: use octane of 87, or higher, I use all brands of gas listed above and some other brands, listed as a top tier gas. I tried to run on premiums before hopefully to see any benefits for the car: no difference, no benefits, as far as rerformance, neiser a better gas milege. But I do feel the improvement in gas milege, driving on highway mostly, when I fill the car with ethanol free gas. About 2-4 mi. per gallon better in a given highway speed on etanol free-Marathon 87, to compare with my favorite brand - BP, 87 with ethanol. So, I try to use non-ethanol gas as much as I can. I am lucky to have a few such gas stations within 15 miles radius.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We prefer Costco or Sam's club gas. On a roundtrip from Chicago to Mt.Rushmore we tested Exxon, BP, Shell and Costco. With the conditions the same and running cruise control, we found a 10-15% reduction in gas mileage with BP, Shell and Exxon. And we prefer to support companies supplying American gas as much possible.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Can anybody tell what brand(s) of gas do Sams, Cosco sell? My guess is: to sell for less, they have to buy the cheapest gas they find and resell it to the public, since non of them are produce one. Please correct me, if I am wrong.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I emailed Costco some time ago and according to their reply they sell better than top tier gas and have more cleaning additives.

·
Registered
357 Posts
We prefer Costco or Sam's club gas. On a roundtrip from Chicago to Mt.Rushmore we tested Exxon, BP, Shell and Costco. With the conditions the same and running cruise control, we found a 10-15% reduction in gas mileage with BP, Shell and Exxon. And we prefer to support companies supplying American gas as much possible.
We use Costco or Fred Meyer gas. Never had any issues and the mpg running average is 22.9, and that's mostly commuter/small trip driving. We're not on freeways that often or for that long.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I use regular gasoline from whatever gas station is most convenient for me.

I have no brand loyalty for gasoline.

Live more, worry less.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts