Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I'm new to this forum. I own a 2018 Hyundai Ioniq and have been active in that forum for a long time. We are considering purchasing a new 2018 Tucson and curious what you all think of your Tucson. I realize a lot of forum members are here seeking help with issues, so the average demographic on such a forum may not always be people loving their car at that moment. Perfect group to then get feedback from.

First a tactical question on the use of this forum - Which sub-forum should topics regarding 2017 and 2018 Tucson's go in? I see the 2016 Tucson sub-forum and the straight Tucson group that has the sub-description of "2nd Generation 2010 onwards". Which should be used for newer than 2016?

And then for the root questions I'll toss out as a Tucson newbie:

1. What do you all think of your Tucson. Would you buy it again if you had a redo? Would you recommend this vehicle or suggest folks stay away due to issues? I realize that's a broad and open-ended question. Looking for the overall feel across a variety of owners. This question may have been asked many times on the forum though a tough one to search for.

2. What do you think of the DCT? I have a DCT on my Ioniq and it shifts well once going but can be a bit slow/sluggish getting started. Is the Tucson the same way? In 2018 trim levels, there is the option of the 2.4L Automatic or the 1.6L Turbo with DCT. What has been folks experience with these two choices?

3. Any other suggestions, things to look for, or general thoughts for a prospective Tucson buyer?

Thanks for your insights !

·
Registered
2015 Tucson, 2006 Toyota Matrix
63 Posts
Hello and welcome!

First, the newest generation of Tucson is covered in the "2016" sub-forum, this one is for the 2010-2015 generation, so you won't get the best responses here regarding the DCT and other features of the car you're looking to buy.

I've had my 2015 Tucson for about a year and a half, and nothing more serious than replacing the front brakes when they wore out. I can't say it's my favourite car of all I've owned, but it's suits my (family) needs at the moment. I did like the newer generation Tucson/Sportage better, and with a different budget I might've gone that route instead.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your insights on your older Tucson and which forum to post to. I'll repost this question in the other Tucson forum to get folks replies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts