Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a thread a few days ago asking whether or not the Polk Audio MM651s fit in the doors. I guess nobody here has any experience with this so I'll ask a broader question. What are some great sounding speakers that you guys are using in your cars (without any modification)? My new Accent Blue has no headunit yet and the stock speakers are in there, so I'm looking to get off to a good start with an audio system. Carrying my portable iPod speakers to and from the car everyday is a pain and they're very quiet. :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have some simple kenwoods
These are in the back Kenwood KFC-C6882ie 6"x8" 3-way Speakers

These are in the front Kenwood KFC-1662S 6-1/2" 3-way Speakers

·
1,565 Posts
These are in the rear.

These are in the front.

I've had nothing but good from any Alpine products I've ever installed. These are nice, clean-sounding, and get loud.

Use the Crutchfield website to find what sizes and what speakers fit in your car.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I've got these on all 4 corners.

5 1/4" 2 ways

With crossover

Specs

The front fit perfectly in the OEM speaker brackets

I used the OEM speaker plug to connect them to the car.

For the rear I made some adapters with cutting boards

·
Registered
2 Posts
The best place to check for speakers that fit your car is crutchfield. You can usually find them cheaper elsewhere. Polk audio also has a fit chart on their website. I use Polk, Boston Acoustic, and infinity speakers. It depends on your taste, but compare RMS power and the efficeincy on comparable speakers to find the best ones. Polk also usually does buy one get one 1/2 off several times a year. I hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts