Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install a through-the-glass antenna and need to know what the tint is made of, like is it metal tint, colored glass, etc. I looked on the rear hatch window and didn't see any info and I called the dealer parts dept and they didn't know either. I assume all tinted factory glass is the same and is why I posted here. If not, someone say so and I'll post in my car area. Not posting the car here as last time I mentioned it once and got the thread moved.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
I believe the tint coloring is impregnated somewhere in the sandwich of glass and plastic that composes most safety glass. I can't say that I know what it's made of although I'd be willing to bet it's non-metallic since many factory windows contain antennas on some models.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you're probably correct, but before I spend $70 for the antenna, I'd like to know for sure as it won't be returnable. The information has to be somewhere.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Just shooting in the dark here but maybe visit a tint shop in your area? They have tint darkness gauges, maybe they have a way of determining what it's made of. Never hurts to check.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts