Hyundai Forums banner

What activates side view mirror fold on 2011 Genesis?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Nikitoz 
#1 ·
Never knew that my Genesis 4.6L sedan had the capability to automatically fold back the driver's side mirror. There's nothing in the Genesis manual about this feature.
Recently my door lock has stopped working on the driver's side. In utilizing my remote to try to discover the lock bind, my side mirror suddenly completely folded parallel to the car door body.
Is there a trick to get it to work regularly?

#2 ·
@traveler

I have 2011 4.6L and I don't have this feature, and there is nothing in the manual (as you said). I think this feature was implemented in 2012 in R-Spec models, and both mirrors fold.

It probably was an accident that your mirror folded. Or it could have been the hidden feature that Hyundai was preparing for 2012 model.

What button/s did you push on your remote?

#3 ·
I was concentrating on the problem with my door lock, so hit the unlock and lock button on my remote several times. Definitely heard a motor drive folding the mirror in, and folding open.
Will be taking my Genesis back into repair shop to get the lock problem fixed. There seems to be a rough spot in the operation of driver's door lock mechanism.
(yes, it could be a hidden feature)

#4 ·
Because a local body shop had to repair my driver’s side door and replace the mirror (with second hand parts), I’m thinking that the mirror obtained was from a later model Genesis and contained the fold motor. The vehicle computer and associated wiring to the mirror apparently was pre-programmed, two clicks on remote lock button to fold, and two clicks on remote unlock button to unfold.

#5 ·
That's what I was thinking too, that your original mirror was replaced with with the mirror of the later models. I just didn't think it loud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.