Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought new tires for my 06 Azera yesterday. What a difference in the ride from the stock tires- MICHELIN® Brand Tires. I put the Continental Extreme contact Dws Tires on the car and they are great. I'm not saying it will fix your suspension problem, but my ride is so much better with the new shoes.

·
Registered
119 Posts
QUOTE (grayknight @ Jul 4 2010, 06:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338709
Bought new tires for my 06 Azera yesterday. What a difference in the ride from the stock tires- MICHELIN® Brand Tires. I put the Continental Extreme contact Dws Tires on the car and they are great. I'm not saying it will fix your suspension problem, but my ride is so much better with the new shoes.
When I replaced my noisey Michelins with General Altimax HP's I thought I was driving a different car. so much quieter and so far no more cups. IMO Michelins were not a good choice of tires for the Azera, specially the MXV4 compound.

·
Registered
118 Posts
We replaced the Michelin tires on our 07 Azera with Pirelli tires and the difference in smoothness and quiet was truly amazing. We no longer have the thumping noise when the tires are cold. We now have about 6K miles on the new tires and have had them rotated. Still working to our liking. Dealer was Discount Tires.

Joezera

·
Registered
6 Posts
QUOTE (grayknight @ Jul 4 2010, 07:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338709
Grayknight,

How are the DWSs performing otherwise? Any sacrifice in handling, cornering? Any problems with uneven or early tire wear?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (Val @ Aug 20 2010, 04:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350768
Grayknight,

How are the DWSs performing otherwise? Any sacrifice in handling, cornering? Any problems with uneven or early tire wear?

Thanks.
I suffered with original Michelins too long. About 52,000 miles too long.
Although dealer said he replaced 2 just after I bought it the noisy and
'hoppy' ride persisted.
Not quite a full wheel hop, but some feeling of oscillation that didn't belong. And the noise. Awful.

So last week I went to a used tire place and got 2 nearly new Kuhmo Ecsta ASX's (or was it AST?) .
Then today I got 2 used (nearly new) Continental Extreme Contact DWS's for the rear.

I am now having a much better driving experience. Almost perfect. Felt a bit of vibration in the steering
wheel around 68 mph . Might need better balancing.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
so, I am about to pull my hair out with these Firestone FR710. These are the worst tires I have ever experienced.

I am pretty sure the dealer who sold this car put em on when they got the car.

It's so bad, it's border line dangerous.

Anyways, thought I'd vent on this thread.

HTRZIIIs on 245-40-R18 or Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110s, to be put on soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well,

Let me refine my comments. After a SECOND balancing of the new front tires, I STILL feel steering wheel vibration (50-65 mph approx).

I am beginning to suspect the struts, although the wheels themselves my be an issue.

A front-to back rotation might provide and answer.

If the problem persists after rotation, I would vote for a strut problem.

BTW I have had a 'chatter' from front strut housings at slow speeds (5mph) on uneven pavmement (no problem with bumps)
The left side was replaced under warrantee, and the right side is just starting to make noise.

Also, I know an Elantra owner who has the same complaint, and others in the various Azera forums.

Hal In NJ (and Va)
2007 Azera MF Date 4/2007

1 - 7 of 7 Posts