Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
I don't think so, never heard of them. Had to look them up and really don't understand why anyone would want to spend the kind of money these seat covers cost?

Bob

·
Registered
480 Posts
A large hoodie works perfectly! Lol, I had my seat replaced due to wear, and since then I put my cabelas hoodie over it, looks pretty cool and fits PERFECTLY! Lol only problem is the airbag in the side of the seat, hope it doesn't have to go off anytime soon! Lol

·
Registered
726 Posts
had them in an Avalanche for about 2 years, bought them 2nd hand. sold the truck, passed the covers along to a friend. They're still using them and they look as good as new 4-5 years later.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wet Okole Seat covers

Does anyone have them on their sonata?
Don't have them yet but I am considering buying them so let me know if you get them.

I am also looking at HawaiianSeatCovers.com because I have owned theirs for my previous 2 cars. They typically last about 5 years for the cloth ones but the seats underneath end up looking like new because of being covered up, so well worth the money which I feel like I get back when I trade the car in.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I went ahead and ordered wet okole seat covers for my 2013 Sonata GLS. I have the powered drivers seat and their questionnaire covered that as well as the airbags because they customize it specifically for your seat.

I ended up ordering mine through autoanything.com and got free shipping and a bunch of money off. If you buy direct they are like $265 but I am getting mine for $210 with free shipping. Only caveat is that for some reason autoanything.com's system doesn't let you choose a 2013 Sonata with these seat covers so I had to order for 2012 Sonata and specify in the notes section that I have a 2013. But Wet Okole's website definitely confirms that they do make them for the 2013 Sonata as well.

I know that seems expensive to some people but trust me, when you go to trade the car or sell it, pull the seat covers off and your seats look brand new because they've been protected. This is why I am getting them now while the car is brand new.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got the wet okole seat covers today!

After nearly a month they arrived today and I just finished putting them on. I got the neoprene ones and they look great. These are the highest quality seat covers I've ever gotten for any of my cars. They are fairly easy to install and fit perfectly. Since they are custom made they allow for side air bags to function properly and don't interfere with power seat controls or anything like that. I got mine at a great price through autoanything.com and shipping was free.

What I didn't realize was just how much extra padding these add to the seats. I feel like my seats are finally comfortable compared to the stock cushions. So for the money you get more comfort, a great look and the long term protection of your seats from wear and tear. These suckers are waterproof too so nothing spilled on them will get through to the original seats and that is great.

If anyone is considering them, feel free to ask me about them. I highly recommend these and will probably get another set for my wife's Sonata as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A large hoodie works perfectly! Lol, I had my seat replaced due to wear, and since then I put my cabelas hoodie over it, looks pretty cool and fits PERFECTLY! Lol only problem is the airbag in the side of the seat, hope it doesn't have to go off anytime soon! Lol
If you don't mind me asking, What did it cost to have your seat cover replaced?

·
Registered
480 Posts
@Doug, nothing $0.00 my seat was sweating "they said loose spring in the seat" but I brought it in for the stitching coming undone, they said it was normal wear and tear, but it was actually from my duty belt for work, but I didn't tell them that. But since the "bad spring" they ordered me a whole new seat... It was all covered, actually worked out in the end! ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
480 Posts
They look much more comfortable! The bottom part looks alittle loose? Is that or is it just the look? And how's it affect the heater seats feature, if at all?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
24 Posts
They look much more comfortable! The bottom part looks alittle loose? Is that or is it just the look? And how's it affect the heater seats feature, if at all?

Yeah I just went back through and tightened things up. I also realized after taking my pics that I had the bottom seat covers mismatched between passenger and driver. I do wish they could have marked those, so now the little gap on the side matches up with the seat belt housing (so if anyone does get these, learn from my mistake on that one).

Anyway, now they are tighter and I did test the heated seats as well as the lumbar support and both work just fine. I suppose the heat isn't quite as intense as it was without the covers but I can definitely still feel it enough that I don't think it's a problem at all. The extra seat cushion makes up for any loss of heat anyway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts