Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on a mission to figure out why my floorboards are getting wet, it has happened a handful of times over the past two years. I have had my suv for 7 years but for the first 5 years we had covered parking where we lived. Where we live now has lots of trees, and I am thinking that debris is responsible for what is going on. I have located the front sunroof drains, and I know the front right one is not clogged. Im not sure on the left front. When pouring water in the channel to test, water comes out from behind the front passenger wheel well, but no where else. Should water also be coming out the rear ones at the same time? Also, where do I locate the rear drains to unclog them? After I take care of this leak I'll have to do something about the interior carpet to remove smell. Until then, there is no point if I cant find where the water is coming in! Any leads or advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

·
Registered
182 Posts
We had this happen on a Ford Freestyle even though all channels were clear....no matter what we did it would leak when it rained....sometimes. We finally realized it would not leak when we backed into the driveway (back end up hill). It was kind of a pain but we got into the habit of backing into the driveway---just a thought if you can't determine what's causing the leak.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had my father look under the car today, still could not locate where the rear drains come out. We did find water in the truck and around rear wheel wells. So now thinking water is getting into truck and running forward toward floorboards. Friday we will be putting the back end of the car up on ramps and looking more closely at the trunk area.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Had my father look under the car today, still could not locate where the rear drains come out. We did find water in the truck and around rear wheel wells. So now thinking water is getting into truck and running forward toward floorboards. Friday we will be putting the back end of the car up on ramps and looking more closely at the trunk area.
It could be your ac drain tube clogged. It's a rubber house right underneath the center of the car. When my car was only a year old it flooded the floor boards. I used air and blew out the hose never had a problem.

·
Registered
228 Posts
It's probably a clogged AC drain tube. Cheap fix like Pizzaman said. Years ago there was a whole thread on this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts