Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey you guys that own Go-4 Interceptor's ! I have a 2007 Go-4 that I bought and Love it. I've disabled the governor and it will run 75mph per speedometer. You would be surprised that the stability increases with the speed. I've put about 2k on mine on Texas Interstates and roadways and love it. Ride Safe my Interceptor friends.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 06 as well. The governor can be disabled by cutting the ground wire to that potted plastic in the aluminum box. I took mine on the interstate, and had it at about 73 mph. As they say, don't try thus at home. The limiter has noting to do with the crash testing, no motorcycle needs a bumper, seat belts or crash testing. Neither does this. If you have any questions, post them, and I'll try to answer them. One other note on that aluminum box, when your done in there, make sure you reseal it, if water gets in there it could ruin the ECU.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Could you be specific on how you bypassed the governor? We have a 2000 Go-4. We had adjusted the governor by turning the screw and had it up to 70 mph but now the governor kicks in at 35 mph again and there is no turning it up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We had motorcycle insurance with Progressive. They recently cancelled it due to body type on our Go 4 Interceptor (2006) by West.
Where are people getting insurance for these licensed and registered vehicles!! We are in Georgia.

·
Registered
2 Posts
settledown

I know this is an old thread, but it like to know the how to make this go faster than 40mph. 2009 Hyundai 1L.
I don't know if you can send private messages on this site. But let me know how to contact you or vis versa.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey you guys that own Go-4 Interceptor's ! I have a 2007 Go-4 that I bought and Love it. I've disabled the governor and it will run 75mph per speedometer. You would be surprised that the stability increases with the speed. I've put about 2k on mine on Texas Interstates and roadways and love it. Ride Safe my Interceptor friends.
I have 2 Go-4's. Cleburne, TX. I would love to swap ideas on Westward GO-4 Interceptor. I have a number of GO-4 and Hyundai 1.0L engine parts. - 817-933-1685 - Dr David Hires

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 2 Go-4's. Cleburne, TX. I would love to swap ideas on Westward GO-4 Interceptor. I have a number of GO-4 and Hyundai 1.0L engine parts. - 817-933-1685 - Dr David Hires

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wstward Go-4 Interceptor Insurance

We had motorcycle insurance with Progressive. They recently cancelled it due to body type on our Go 4 Interceptor (2006) by West.
Where are people getting insurance for these licensed and registered vehicles!! We are in Georgia.

I have Pacific Specialty:

Pacific Specialty Insurance Company – The McGraw Group

Phone: 800-303-5000

Allstate also insures, but they are all over the place on price. $100 - $450 a year. Depends on underwriter, state, and other ins. you carry with them. Doc Texas 817-933-1685

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello -

I am new to your forum and I need some help! I found your site and after looking around hope you can help.

I just purchased a 2006 Westward Industry GO4 Interceptor ... it's an old "metermaid 3 wheel cart" from NYC. I have been trying to locate parts and information for the engine. I thought it would be easy because the engine is made by Hyundai well ... it is made by Hyundai but not for North America (this is what Hyundai dealer told me). The engine has a speed govenor on it that I'd like to remove, 35mph I'll get run over! I spoke with Manf of cart and they are not helpful at all. I guess I need schematics or information on govenor and also a source for engine parts ... hopefully in US or anywhere as long as they will ship to US address.

Thanks

I hope you have found the parts you need by now. If you still need help, let me know. Doc Texas 817-933-1685

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wstward Go-4 Interceptor Insurance

CORRECTION: Just got word from Alex Popovics, of sillylittlecars, that Pacific Specialty Ins. - The McGraw Group and Allstate ARE DROPPING COVERAGE of GO-4s and Cushman Truckster.

I and several others got quotes and many others are insured with STATE FARM INS.

He is suggesting we need to organize an association in order to get insurance and better parts/service help.

Doc Texas 817-933-1685

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2004 Interceptor II that has had too many dirty hands working on the engine. At the moment I have it running showing 7 codes. As soon as it starts up the engine speeds up and only slows down if I pull the idle speed control plug off. Also as soon as I engage it in drive with the brake on it dies and hesitates bad when trying to throttle it up. My mechanic buddy thinks it is a bad ECM. These cost over $400 from England and there are a couple on EBay for almost $500. Of course my concern is another ECM will not fix the problem. Also I am wondering if these ECM's have to be reprogrammed, or if they can be repaired and updated.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rog
Hello I'm in the same situation were u able to fix yours ?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts