Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was already on my consumption test and the dealer told me it was a quart low when I saw them last. The car was due for an oil change so they drained and refilled with conventional 5W20.

Less than 1000 miles later, I'm driving home and at lower gears (3rd and 4th I believe) and high speed uphill I began to notice odd engine noises. If this is the knocking, I'm unfamiliar with it but I got home just fine with no issues after coasting down the mountain.

Tried to drive to work tonight and the car seemed to drive fine at first but I started to notice the noises as I drove up the mountain and the check engine light came on and started blinking. At this point I knew something was very wrong so I pulled into the nearest gas station and hit my SOS button. I was not comfortable with driving the car any further so I got a tow to the dealership and a ride back home.

I assume that was engine knocking and limp mode so I can expect this engine will be replaced very soon because I cannot drive it as is. Maybe the oil was lost faster than the expected - but they did tell me not to refill if I lost anything before 1000 miles was up, just to return to the dealership.

I will be calling in the morning and hopefully getting a loaner until they get my car fixed. This is scary for me, I have a loan on this car but I hope everything works out.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Banks/loan/credit unions assisted with the class action. They didn't want a auction lot full of blown engine repos, especially for all those 2nd/3rd... owner no warranty vehicles.

Now that the issue is known, Hyundai manned up to take care of it, crying all the way. You should be taken care off.

Reactions: hg3300
1 - 2 of 2 Posts