Hyundai Forums banner

Welcome new members, please read this before posting!

59K views 84 replies 43 participants last post by  QuikSnap 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi everyone! :00000732:

Due to the frequency of repeat threads addressing common complaints concerning the MD Hyundai Elantra, we encourage new members of the Elantra subforum, as well as all members in general, to please do a forum search before posting a new thread. The search function is located on the top of your page in the red menu bar.

Commonly recurring topics are as follows:

- Peeling Steering Wheel - http://www.hyundai-forums.com/231-md-2011-elantra/146456-official-steering-wheel-peeling-thread.html

- Lack of Spare Tire

- Various Noises and Rattles

- Brake Grinding Due to Traction Control and ABS

- Fuel Mileage - http://www.hyundai-forums.com/231-m...el-mileage-discussion-thread.html#post1126826

- Problems with iPhones and Other Devices Synching to Bluetooth

- Engine Whine - http://www.hyundai-forums.com/231-m...-rattle-mentioned-elsewhere-2012-elantra.html

- Popular Modifications [K&N air filter, aftermarket nav systems, audio components, etc. - just do a forum search before posting, because we have tons of helpful threads and many members who have done amazing things to their rides.]

Amp, Speaker, and Wire Install Guide http://www.hyundai-forums.com/231-m...-complete-amp-speaker-wire-install-guide.html

If it's not listed above, still do a search for it! You'll be surprised what you'll find. It's OK to resurrect older threads, as well.

It's understandable that you may be getting used to your new Elantra and experiencing certain "surprises" as you go along, and we want you to feel at home to discuss these issues. There is most likely someone else on this forum who has also experienced your problems and has already posted about it, so as I've said, the "search" function is your friend! :cool:

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Someguy or myself. We don't bite (well at least I don't). As far as forums go, I think this one has some of the coolest members and mods around! :cool:

See less See more
#2 ·
Thank you very much moderator for accepting my memebership. I just bought a Desert Bronze 2011 Elantra GLS. And I'm getting a lot of praise from it. I use to have a 1999 BMW 528i, and I'm still trying to get use to handling of a smaller car on the road. Elentra is a little bit wobbly when I hit some rough spot on the freeway, it kinda shake the car more and does not stay on the track like the BMW and going up the hill is a little bit tricky. But having said that I love the mpg, the 6 speed auto/manual transmission, the xm radio, the interior design from the dashboard to the side windows. My car is 2011 but still smell like a new car.

Well thanks again and more power to this Forum website.

Phil

#3 ·
:00000732: Phil - glad you're enjoying your new ride so far. :) Yeah, the lightness of the car does cause sort of a rear-end hop that has been discussed here on the forum. I came from an '89 Honda Accord and it did not do that sort of hopping thing. Some also have to get used to that electronic steering and feeling on-center. Now that I have had my car since March 2011, I can say that I'm used to the steering and handling, so give it some time. ^_^

#8 ·
HamRadio if you have any questions are are not sure where to post or what to do next just send me or Em-squared a private message and we cna help

FYI the 2013 Elantra only has minor differences from the 2011 and 2012 Elantra so the discussion is here in the MD forum

#13 ·
Thanks for a Great Forum!! ALthough this is my first post, I'm sure many more to come. This has become my go to web spot to research, learn about and understand owner's experiences!

Thanks!!!

Bill

#19 ·
Hello All, I just purchased a new 2013 Elantra Limited 2 weeks ago. It will be a daily commute car. I was using a 2013 Porsche Boxster S, but after 28,000 miles in one year I decided to get a car for commuting. I love this car. It's loaded with everything. Especially since I got it for $20,978. Although I bought the bumber to bumper warranty for 100,000 miles that was $1200 extra. I got a black one. I ordered some cool ADR Classic rims for it, and considering changing emblems to Genesis wings, has anyone done that yet?

#20 ·
Hi I've recently purchase a 2012 Elantra Limited in the US to import into Canada. I'm having a great challenge in finding any dealer in the US & Canada to install a transponder ignition disabler to comply with the Canadian admissibility requirements. Please help with any lead or suggestions. Thanks

#22 ·
Hi I've recently purchase a 2012 Elantra Limited in the US to import into Canada. I'm having a great challenge in finding any dealer in the US & Canada to install a transponder ignition disabler to comply with the Canadian admissibility requirements. Please help with any lead or suggestions. Thanks
Hopefully, someone will be able to lend an assist. Since it's Father's Day, the responses may be slow coming. But don't give up hope.

:00000732:And, welcome to the forums!

#23 ·
Hello everyone, just signed up as I just purchased a 2013 Elantra. Been just browsing the forums and reading a lot on what to expect from this car.

I just retired my beloved 2003 Mazda Protege, had some great memories with this car but I'm looking forward to creating more with the Elantra!

Off to read some more :)

#29 ·
Hey everyone. I don't actually own an Elantra, but my girlfriend has had a '14 SE with the preferred package and 6AT for a few months now. I bought a new Accord last fall, so I ended up helping her with the buying process not long after we started dating, and I was impressed with how far Hyundai has come. I actually like the interior of her car better than mine. It also gets good mileage without sacrificing too much pep.

Anyway, as I was changing the oil on it the other day, it occurred to me that a lot of the maintenance will probably fall to me if things work out between us (so far, it looks like there's a pretty good chance of that... if I can get her to stick around :D). Because of that, I thought it'd be a good idea to find a decent Elantra forum and keep an eye on what's going on in their world. This looks like the best and most active of the bunch, so I'm looking forward to picking up on the insights you guys have.

#30 ·
Hey mbnc welcome to the forum, looks like you both have good taste in cars. You will be happy to know that your next few years of maintenance are oil changes, tire rotations, adding wiper fluid, and checking and replacing filters and wipers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.