Hyundai Forums banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey all brand new member that's been lurking and finally was able to set up my account

2016 Elantra Value Edition purchased as a Certified Used Car with just over 21000 miles

Love the car but right off the bat I experienced the "sticking" steering problem. Happy to announce that on the second trip to the dealer they did duplicate the condition and replaced the steering column. It drives perfect now.

I pulled off the noisy OEM Hancooks and rather than purchase the spare tire kit I decided to go with Bridgestone DriveGuard RFT tires. Love them! Great ride and handling although I have notices a loss off MPG which was also noted by another poster in the Tire Sticky thread.

I'm okay with that since I drive 50 miles each way to work each day through spotty cell coverage and winding roads with no shoulder. I'd rather keep driving than wait for AAA or change the spare myself. Lazy I guess lol

Glad to be part of the community and hope to learn a lot

Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I'm new here and my wife and I are interested in joining the Hyundai family. My son just purchased a pre-owned 2016 Hyundai Elantra with 24,000 miles and he loves it. We've been primarily a Honda and Suzuki family so Hyundai's are new to us although I was impressed when I drove a Sonata as a rental car back in 2006, can't believe that long ago but that was a smooth and fast car with the V6.

As our current cars are aging, we're interested in looking into the Kona, but I realize this thread is about the Elantra. I see mainly Elantra sedans out on the road but only ran into one Elantra coupe, which really attracted me. So my question is, are Elantra coupes still being made, or if not, what was the last year they were manufactured? Much to my wife's chagrin, I'm more of a coupe fan simply because of my affinity for sports cars and I like my wheelbases a little shorter. Thanks in advance and hope to visit here more often, particularly if/when we become Hyundai owners!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hi, I'm new here and my wife and I are interested in joining the Hyundai family. My son just purchased a pre-owned 2016 Hyundai Elantra with 24,000 miles and he loves it. We've been primarily a Honda and Suzuki family so Hyundai's are new to us although I was impressed when I drove a Sonata as a rental car back in 2006, can't believe that long ago but that was a smooth and fast car with the V6.

As our current cars are aging, we're interested in looking into the Kona, but I realize this thread is about the Elantra. I see mainly Elantra sedans out on the road but only ran into one Elantra coupe, which really attracted me. So my question is, are Elantra coupes still being made, or if not, what was the last year they were manufactured? Much to my wife's chagrin, I'm more of a coupe fan simply because of my affinity for sports cars and I like my wheelbases a little shorter. Thanks in advance and hope to visit here more often, particularly if/when we become Hyundai owners!

coupe was only produced for 2013-15 years (and it had the 2.0 engine) like the sport sedan during 2014-16. Honestly if I had the budget I would look into a used 2017/2018 elantra sport; considerable improvement on the 1.6T engine with the possibility of better upgrades, it was also the first & only trim to bring rear multi-link suspension, overall a better car.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts
About this Discussion
84 Replies
45 Participants
QuikSnap
Hyundai Forums
Hyundai Forum is a community for all Hyundai Owners to talk and learn all about their favorite subject: Hyundai cars from the Sonata to the Elantra and even the new Kona!
Full Forum Listing