Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Me too. 2013 Azera with 15000 miles. I was already planning to test drive a Genesis if they had an AWD 3.8 Ultimate. My plan was to purchase one mid year 2015, so I wanted to test drive to confirm it would be a good upgrade to the Azera.

Wow. Firstly, I was astonished at the increase in power. I know it's a bigger engine, but the difference in acceleration was more than I expected. Significantly so. Ride; much smoother. Seats; noticeably more comfortable. I love my Azera, but the Genesis was a more significant step up than I was anticipating, and all of the goodies in the ultimate package (oh how I love the heads up display) were icing on the cake. Regretfully, they didn't have an AWD, but after the test drive, I was bitten, and at an extra cost $2500, in Macon GA, that was something that was beginning to seem like something I could live without.

I left the Azera in the service center, and now have a Black on Black Genesis in the driveway. My first black car ever, and while I know it will be a nightmare to keep clean, it looks beautiful. The black interior is more of a charcoal IMO.
Welcome to the club! Maybe we should have a sub-club for all of these beautiful black beauties?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Welcome to the club! Maybe we should have a sub-club for all of these beautiful black beauties?
Thanks! I have to say, black really seems to show off the lines and curves of the vehicle when viewed from the side profile or quarter angle. At least in sunlight it does, as the reflection from the light creates very distinct contrasts at the curves and lines. This was s surprise to me, as I was afraid that the black would actually hide these nuances in the design of the exterior which is more subdued than my prior Azera (and previously the Elantra; both of which screamed their Fluidic Sculpture design philosophy).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yesterday I traded my 2013 Genesis Ultimate 3.8 for a 2015 Genesis 5.0.

QUESTION: The 2015 Genesis trunk lid has a latch over a space for something, but my car does not have anything there.
Could anyone please tell me what was intended to be latched into this space?

Attachments

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
13 Participants
QLedford
Hyundai Forums
Hyundai Forum is a community for all Hyundai Owners to talk and learn all about their favorite subject: Hyundai cars from the Sonata to the Elantra and even the new Kona!
Full Forum Listing