Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
22,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:00000732:Enjoy your new sub-forum. Looking forward to seeing your comments on here.:00000732:

·
Registered
37 Posts

Back with Hyundai again with a 2015 3.8 Genesis HTRAC Ultimate. Looking forward to keeping in touch with other owners.

Chuck

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm at Hyundai dealership waiting for warranty replacement on my 2012 Sonata, I drooled over a 2015 Genesis!!! Now what I need most is to find a rich lover to buy me that! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Picked up New 2015...but

:confused:This is my first forum everyone. I picked up my2015 genesis 3.8 AWD ultimate on the 17th. the car is absolutley fantastic. Traded lexus for it. The only issue I have is the XM portion of the radio has been "acquiring signal" since day one. Unfortunately XM could not solve it. The dealer now tells me after a quick look that the entire radio needs to be replaced. You can understand that I am hesitant to have the "entire dash taken apart"(as the mechanic put it) and hoped to have some input here. No functionality at all on xm, no preview channel. Subscription status shows all "invalid" and no radio Id number on screen. I do have the ID number.
Thanks in advance for you input.

·
Registered
37 Posts
:confused:This is my first forum everyone. I picked up my2015 genesis 3.8 AWD ultimate on the 17th. the car is absolutley fantastic. Traded lexus for it. The only issue I have is the XM portion of the radio has been "acquiring signal" since day one. Unfortunately XM could not solve it. The dealer now tells me after a quick look that the entire radio needs to be replaced. You can understand that I am hesitant to have the "entire dash taken apart"(as the mechanic put it) and hoped to have some input here. No functionality at all on xm, no preview channel. Subscription status shows all "invalid" and no radio Id number on screen. I do have the ID number.
Sorry to hear that. Congrats on your new car - I hope all is well soon and I know it'll be worth the wait. PS: I've had the dash pulled apart on a couple of new cars with no negative effects - hopefully yours will be the same.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'm at Hyundai dealership waiting for warranty replacement on my 2012 Sonata, I drooled over a 2015 Genesis!!! Now what I need most is to find a rich lover to buy me that! :D
I took my 2012 Azera in for a scheduled oil change and saw the 2015 Genesis in the showroom. Wow...what a car...ended up drooling all over it and even took it for a test drive (the manager insisted even though I told him there's no way I'm buying that Genesis).

So...you need to find a rich lover, eh? Are you willing to share the car if you find the right person?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Antenna came disconnected. Gotta pull the dash to plug it back in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Love my Black on Beige 2015 Ultimate 3.8 as well, minor issue with a wheel vibration from cold startup? 2 km or 3 minutes in its smooth. It is almost like there is (puncture seal) fluid in the tires that needs to be dispersed prior to the ride smoothing out, odd.

Will bring up at my first service appt.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Love my Black on Beige 2015 Ultimate 3.8 as well, minor issue with a wheel vibration from cold startup? 2 km or 3 minutes in its smooth. It is almost like there is (puncture seal) fluid in the tires that needs to be dispersed prior to the ride smoothing out, odd.

Will bring up at my first service appt.
I've noticed that, too. Come to think about it I haven't noticed it in the last couple of weeks - I'll have to pay attention to it the next time I take it out first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
That could just be flat spotting on the tires. This is pretty common on Low Profile/High Performance tires. Usually goes away in a couple of miles. Not much you can do other than make sure that your tires are well balanced. It won't stop the flat spotting, but it will minimize the symptoms.

Your dealer should be able to check to see if that's the issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Flat spots, interesting idea, will follow up with dealer.

2 Other things I noticed after 4500km;

1 - The entire car, windows and all seems to have a type of clear light OVER SPRAY over the entire vehicle. Almost like the car was in a body shop close to an application of clear coat and was subject to some over spray contamination. I can remove the "Overspray" with a pre wax cleaner, but I was surprised to notice this.

2 - The engine/ exhaust note (sound) seem quite harsh, especially at startup. Not a very refined sound for a car this level. It seems to smooth out when warm.

These are relatively minor and I'll follow up with the dealer at my first service appointment.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Flat spots, interesting idea, will follow up with dealer.

2 Other things I noticed after 4500km;

1 - The entire car, windows and all seems to have a type of clear light OVER SPRAY over the entire vehicle. Almost like the car was in a body shop close to an application of clear coat and was subject to some over spray contamination. I can remove the "Overspray" with a pre wax cleaner, but I was surprised to notice this.

2 - The engine/ exhaust note (sound) seem quite harsh, especially at startup. Not a very refined sound for a car this level. It seems to smooth out when warm.

These are relatively minor and I'll follow up with the dealer at my first service appointment.

Thoughts?
1. Mine had the same. Clayed it in the first week - took care of most of the problem. I should probably do it again one of these days. :)

2. I like the sound - to me it fits pretty well. Smooth and quiet until ya put your foot in it. :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
I just purchased the AWD genesis fully loaded. Love it. The car drives itself!! Dealer talked me into the exterior molecular adhesion protection so we will see how that works out.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I took my 2012 Azera in for a scheduled oil change and saw the 2015 Genesis in the showroom. Wow...what a car...ended up drooling all over it and even took it for a test drive ...
Me too. 2013 Azera with 15000 miles. I was already planning to test drive a Genesis if they had an AWD 3.8 Ultimate. My plan was to purchase one mid year 2015, so I wanted to test drive to confirm it would be a good upgrade to the Azera.

Wow. Firstly, I was astonished at the increase in power. I know it's a bigger engine, but the difference in acceleration was more than I expected. Significantly so. Ride; much smoother. Seats; noticeably more comfortable. I love my Azera, but the Genesis was a more significant step up than I was anticipating, and all of the goodies in the ultimate package (oh how I love the heads up display) were icing on the cake. Regretfully, they didn't have an AWD, but after the test drive, I was bitten, and at an extra cost $2500, in Macon GA, that was something that was beginning to seem like something I could live without.

I left the Azera in the service center, and now have a Black on Black Genesis in the driveway. My first black car ever, and while I know it will be a nightmare to keep clean, it looks beautiful. The black interior is more of a charcoal IMO.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts