Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'11 Sonata with nav/sound system. After taking it to the stealer for an oil change yesterday, I now find that the **** radio won't play after starting the car. I =will= play if I go into accessory mode, wait for the stereo to start playing, then immediately start the car. Complained to the service people who reset the radio, but no joy; still doing this. AFAIK, they did =not= touch the battery cables, though they said they were "dirty". (**** if, there weren't even fingerprints on the + terminal cover.) The other strange thing is that, now, when I shut the car off, I get an alert from my phone saying it's now in driving mode. Why TF wasn't it in driving mode the past 15/20 minutes I was just driving around? Anyone have any ideas? I have as not disconnected the battery; just haven't had time to throw on dirty-work clothes and don't feel like ruining clean-work clothes. :) TIA...

Lyle

·
Registered
256 Posts
Like all things computer these days try simple first. Unhook the battery negative for a minute then see if it goes away when you hook it back up. It might not help but it just takes a minute a 10 mm wrench and it’s free. About all you lose is your radio presets and it might idle funny until it sorts itself out in a bit. After that I can take it back to the dealer and let them fix it and make sure you don’t pay for it since they created it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
882 Posts
usually you have to replace it. A used stereo won't cost much, but I will stick to aftermarket japanese brands such as JVC, I only buy new for electrical parts unless it's too expensive

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it solved. Seems that the battery, while seemingly operating normally was, in fact, on its last legs. Put a new battery in today and problem was, mostly, solved. Strange that the battery wasn't giving any indications of failure, but was affecting the Bluetooth and stereo systems.

Lyle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts