Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the past week or so every so often when i would start my sonata it would sound sort of like the engine wont turn over like its delayed or sometihng

i would have to turn the key (i have a GLS so no push button) longer than usual to have it finally start, its not a HUGE problem as the car does start i just think its sort of weird that it does that

anyone have any clue what would do that?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (MiamiLX @ Jun 2 2010, 02:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328882
The Battery could be Bad? They are made in Arizona, and not of the finest quality.
possibility i guess....it works like 95% of the time its just every so often

im going to try and take a video so people can see what im talking about because its hard to explain

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
Or take it over to the local Battery Shop and have them test it for free. The Battery itself is under a prorated 3 Year Warranty,

with full replacement during the first Year!

·
Registered
255 Posts
What's longer than usual to you? 5 seconds or more? Temperature, leaving the lights on, listening to the radio with the car in accesory mode drains the battery. I see it happen to me as well but the majority of the time its because of the reasons listed above. The car won't always instantly start when you turn the key.

·
Banned
630 Posts
NO car instantly starts when cranked.. NO CAR...

oh wait I forget...I'm on a Lexus website, not a Hyundai website...we all think our cars are perfect from the factory and if not, something is surely wrong!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (OMEGA_WEAPON @ Jun 2 2010, 03:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328901
What's longer than usual to you? 5 seconds or more? Temperature, leaving the lights on, listening to the radio with the car in accesory mode drains the battery. I see it happen to me as well but the majority of the time its because of the reasons listed above. The car won't always instantly start when you turn the key.
i actually was tihnking that it might be the temperature because the times where it happened it was BEYOND hot in the car

and i do also listen to the radio in accessory mode, the only thing i dont do is leave the lights on, they are always on auto

ill try to see if the next time it does it and ill get back to you

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't know when your car was built. But, there is a TSB, 10-01-017, related to Battery, so you might want to check it as well with your dealer.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (meik @ Jun 2 2010, 08:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329012
I don't know when your car was built. But, there is a TSB, 10-01-017, related to Battery, so you might want to check it as well with your dealer.
Can you post more details of the TSB... build dates etc.?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts