Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe 3 months ago. It has only 3000 miles. Strange sound is coming while braking or accelarating from complete stop. Any idea what is causing this noise.

I made a youtube video for the noise but I cannot post the link here since I m a new user. If you play any youtube video, just replace last part of the url with following to see my video

v=eCBp4JaxS3k

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but isn't your car under warranty? Have you had the service department look at it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm taking it to the dealer this weekend. I just wanted to check if others experienced the same issue.
Gotcha. I hope the dealer is able to replicate the issue and remedy it for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I got the lemon car. After keeping the car for more than 10 days, dealer sent it to body shop to check if there is any manufacturing fault in the body.

Guys, what are my options now?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Refer to your state's lemon laws. I believe you have to bring it in for the same issue a number of times or the shop keeps it longer than a specific number of days (30?).

If it is indeed a lemon, you need to work with the dealership to either buy it back from you at the purchase price or replace it with a comparable vehicle. Dealerships should work with you to avoid going to court.

·
Registered
882 Posts
sounds like the rubber mount bolt is not tighten enough, maybe motor mount or subframe mount bolt, or control arm bolt. When you accelarate hard the inner rubber bushing sleeve moves on the subframe and make noise

It's reasonable since workers only tighten the bolts once and never checked again

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Lemon Law.....State laws vary, but many do not provide for a direct no cost replacement. A deduction may be made for accrued mileage. Issues like taxes may also be handled differently by State. Your Dealer may work with you on any issues, but I like to make sure that owners recognize that they often do incur some expense in the process lest they be surprised....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just to give you guys an update regarding my issue. After keeping the car for almost 5-6 week, Hyundai decided to buy back my car with full purchase price. They took another month for processing the payment. I'm glad that I did not have to deal with any attorney. They took the time but at the end I got my money back. Thanks for all your advice!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did they give you any insight into what the problem was? Good to know that they did something at least.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not much. I think they also had a hard time to identify a real issue. They said the car was sound mechanically and the issue is related to a body panel. They sent it to a body shop where they kept the car for few weeks but they could not resolve the issue either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BTW, I bought the weathertech floorliners for all 3 rows in black. I believe its for 7-seaters Santa Fe so may not be a fit for limited edition. I used it for 3-4 months. I want to sell them now. Let me know if you are interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts