Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone im on another forum but fogured id share here as well. so first i have a 2019 hyundai kona essiential fwd. it is a lease so thats why i say they wont or probably dont want to fond my issue till i trade it in and they do it for cheaper once its not my car. but i have a clunk in my transmission is sounds like when shifting from 1st to 2nd sonetimes before it even shifts. took that in and let them keep it over night and they hear no noise, yet i hear it everyday lol. i talked with their shuttle driver who had the same issue and he said cuz itz a lease most likely they wont fix unless its a safety problem or performance issue. then i also have a strut popping noise again they cant find but it is incosistant with colder temp. so im curious if anyone has the same issues and debating do i even bother bringing it in anymore or just wait till trade in since its all covered under warrenties as ill have the car back before 100k

·
Premium Member
2021 Phantom Black Sonata
48 Posts
Have you tried taking it out for a daily drive and set your phone to record? Maybe you can capture and provide as evidence.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
already did and they said it wont do much as they need to hear the noise in person from the car.

·
Premium Member
2021 Phantom Black Sonata
48 Posts
I guess if they can't heat it then it doesn't exist!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Warranty is Warranty. It doesn't matter if you purchased the car out right, you financed it, or you're leasing it. Dealerships have a responsibility to address your warranty concern. Now with that being said they do have to verify the noise, and it is your responsibility to give them the information they need to verify the concern. If they cannot verify a noise, they can't identify where it is coming from. Dealerships are paid by Hyundai to do warranty repairs. It behooves them to make an effort to verify the concern and find a repair. No repair no pay from Hyundai. I would schedule a time when you can test drive with a technician, advisor or service manager. The way they drive your vehicle compared to how you drive it may be entirely different. So by you duplicating the noise for them they can see what has to be done to duplicate it. Try a different dealership if you think they are not doing their best, but I would start with a test drive. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts