Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately this kind of liquid noise/creaking has appeared behind the steering wheel. Video attached. Does anyone know what this is or how to fix?
Might need headphones to hear it clearly..

https://streamable.com/0d6ad

Thanks yall

·
Registered
270 Posts
I don't hear anything like what you describe. It just sounds to me like the mic is shoved up the tailpipe and all I hear is loud exhaust noise.

Some questions though that might be helpful to diagnose. 1) does sound change with engine rpm? 2) does sound change when driving vehicle or turning wheel? 3) is sound different when engine is cold or hot? 4) how long has this noise been present?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Sounds like what I get at first startup sometimes. It sounds more like an old school computer clicking to me, but I get what you mean. I have not found the cause but it seems to go away shortly after startup and I get moving. My theory is that some teeth on the HVAC mode selector are bad(which I know to be true since for awhile I lost ability to force face only vents on, the feet would always stay on unless in defrost mode). I have yet to replace the servo module in the dash since after removal and some manual manipulation, it works properly again.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Check you VIN number there is a recall to that. Is a small gear they need to change.
I think you are referring to the knock or bump you get in the steering while turning. What he has and is describing is just engine running in park and no input to throttle or steering.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts