Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2000 Tiburon it starts, runs but it's revs up after coming to a stop. I've checked all the major sensors under the hood, spark plugs and wires. I not sure why it's doing it. If anyone has an idea the would help greatly. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
When my gdi Mitsubishi was doing that, I put a can of that intake valve cleaner stuff through it. Poor thing must have been seriously coked up. I don’t know much about Hyundai yet, so if it’s multi point then don’t worry about the intake valve cleaner.

Otherwise I would look for TPS and things that control idle - clean the IACV if ya can, and make sure the base timing is correct.

The last thing I can think of would be the neutral detector switch thing in the gearbox. If that’s havin a party, could well be the issue.

Bonus round: how are your battery and alternator? Dodgy batteries can cause all sorts of issues.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
I recently purchased a 2000 Tiburon it starts, runs but it's revs up after coming to a stop. I've checked all the major sensors under the hood, spark plugs and wires. I not sure why it's doing it. If anyone has an idea the would help greatly. Thanks!
This can be due to speed sensor issues or engine sensors having a problem. Do you have an illuminated check engine light? Scan it for codes.

Best practices for requesting help:If you haven't done so fill in your vehicle info and profile page. At upper right corner under the search box click on user cp (it's your control panel)
This info will show up to the left under your user name and is very helpful.

• Be sure you are in the correct forum for your vehicle.
  • Do a search for your problem. A lot of stuff has been asked and answered.
  • Do not double post for the same problem.
  • Give the model year....Engine size...transmission type (auto or standard)
  • Take a single issue at a time. Posting multiple issues at once will get convoluted very quickly
  • VIN number can be very helpful
  • Vehicle history can be good. How many miles. If not bought new, how many have you put on it.
  • Describe the problem best you can. If a noise can you get a sound or video file
  • Tell us what has been done, if anything, thus far. If tests have been performed give actual results not OK or passed. If scanned for codes the actual code(s) not O2 sensor or MAF, Etc.
  • If the vehicle has been to a repair facility it would be nice if you could post a picture of that invoice/bill
  • If your vehicle is under warranty you should have the dealer check it out. If it's a problem they see many times they will generate a safety recall of TSB. This is how they know of the problem.

This information can save a lot of time and get you the answers you need much faster.

Thanks,
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah well done, didn’t assume nor realise how dead this forum is.
That best practice bs you see is obvious copypasta. Find it in a couple of the new member posts too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts