Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my car got broken into a week or so ago and since replacing the stereo I have noticed that the electrics have gone a bit haywire.

The warning chime for the lights goes off when the car is on, internal lights do not work, the clock resets everyone and I cannot get the radio going.

If anyone could help I would be ever so thankful, Im due to do some night driving this week and the beeping will drive me insane but it's the wrong side of payday to go to a mechanic

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,281 Posts
I'm here :smile:

The first thing to do is switch the ignition and the headlights on and check ALL the fuses with a voltmeter or 12V test lamp.

If you look closely at the top of the fuses you'll see that each one has two little metal tabs. To quickly test the fuses without having to remove each one and look, just probe the little metal tabs with your voltmeter/test lamp and make sure you get the same voltage on each side of the fuse. If you have 12V on one tab but something different on the other, the fuse is blown. If you replace any fuses test them again to make sure they haven't blown again. If they blow again you've made a mistake with the radio wiring so you'd probably be best to remove it and check your wiring. And don't forget to test the fuses out on the engine bay fusebox too.

The common mistake people make with DIY radio installs is they use the dash illumination power supply as a ground for the radio. If you test that wire with the headlights off it looks like a ground but it becomes live when the lights are switched on, andthat causes one of the tail light fuses to blow resulting in no dash illumination. The chime going all the time suggests you've blown the interior/room light fuse too (interior/dome light working?). That fuse is often shared by the radio and the clock and is used to hold the memory. So that probably explains why the clock resetting too.

If you need any further help just post back and let us know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

Thank you so much done the fuses and no annoying beeping, just got to fit the radio. Have extra fuses just incase lol.

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts