Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 2012 Sonata on Monday and today as I was making a “hard” right turn the interior lights came on for a second and then went right back off. Thinking it was a fluke I tried the maneuver again and was able to replicate it. Anyone have any ideas on what this could be?

·
Registered
176 Posts
It is probably the driver's door "door switch". Try pushing on the closed door while parked to see if you can create the issue. if so, you may be able to adjust the door to close tighter by adjusting the latch. Look for other threads on this issue as there are many.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Verify door is closed proper,, striker tight on door post.. look at door where the rubber nipple of door switch touch,,, is it flat, or wrinkled... people like to slam seat belt plate in door opening when exiting cabin.. and it bends the flet on the door..

Had 1 yesterday,, took door apart and spanked the dent from inside,, then dent repair fella shows up today, ask where he was yesterday,, he says he pulls a lot of them out.. glue plate to it, and slap it with slide hammer is all he does, all of a minute..

·
Registered
904 Posts
This happened to me.... turned out when I slammed my seat belt in the door it actually left a small dent in the door. This dent caused enough play to turn on my lights when I took a right turn. I replaced the switch but that didn't fix it so I ended up using some of that 5 second fix uv epoxy on the end of the switch under the rubber.

20170904_180106.jpg

20170904_180034.jpg

20170904_180258.jpg

Just a small dab of that epoxy gave the switch a little more pressure so now the door lights work correctly. Since it's under the rubber you can't see it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ya'll. It has been raining here all day and night since I got the car. As soon as it stops I plan on taking a look at the door and the switches to see what the problem is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts