Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have a 2006 santa fe V6 front wheel drive,,,lately the abs goes on even on dry pavement...and the brake pedal got softer...no light on dash is on...brakes and master all good ...no leaks...i was told it can be the front drive shafts and the rings at the end for the abs?? change those rings or the front axles and it will fixed? need more help please.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the same problem. I thought that since the brake fluid was still factory fluid, that it might have been the problem. Had it changed and brakes bled. Still have the problem. No abs light, no cracked tone rings. I am stumped. I also took it to a dealership that could duplicate the problem (surprise), but they could not diagnose the problem. My Santa Fe has the 2.7 v-6 with 176,000 miles. Haven't had any major problems with this vehicle. I did have a cracked tone ring a few years ago and the axle was replaced and it was fine afterwards until about three months ago. Hope someone can help us out with this problem.
I did read somewhere that when you change brake pads, if you compress the calipers with the lid on the fluid reservoir it could damage the valve inside the master cylinder. I intend to replace mine soon to see it that fixes it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the response...but my brakes were all done last summer and they were fine...the master and all the fluid was fine...i don't think it is the master since i read so many have changed it with no improvement...i think maybe it is the axle rings in front....but not sure

·
Registered
843 Posts
Tone rings and sensors are only used for electrical ABS wheelspeed measurements.
But it cannot provide for a soft pedal. That points to low fluid (level) condition.
So your problem must be related to loss of braking fluid or maybe clogged lines or leaks.
I read in earlier threads something about somehow loosing brake fluid into the ABS controller, you could look for that thread.
Or maybe you have a clogged filter within the fluid reservoir or low fluid level.
But do not count on problems with some tone ring at the wheels.
It only could provide for erratic ABS activation.
Good luck,
Paul

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the rings apparently will fix the erratic abs braking on dry pavement...the spongy pedal is strange...the fluid is clear and full...no leaks ..pads are new from last summer all around...the truck has 78000kn original...runs great besides this,,,stumped,,,but the spongy pedal began with the funny abs braking...

·
Registered
66 Posts
spongy... what do you mean? if at a stop the pedal gradually goes down that means a seal is bad. you dont need to see a leak to have a problem. if the pedal goes down while under pressure, i will suspect a bad master cylinder. make sure you really bleed it good. if it still shows the condition, maybe it needs replacement. the abs light could be as simple as a stuck/bad fluid level switch or a bad electrical contact. start there to keep it simple.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts