Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 2019 Essential and asked for Weather Tech mats and instead they gave me the Premium ones (all weather). In looking at them and the web site, they don't seem to go up as high on the sides which is a concern as I live in Ottawa (cold and snowy winters) and have had issues even with the weather techs with salt getting on the carpets. I fear the premium ones will be even worse. Anyone have any insight? My dealer only seems to carry the premium ones.

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Another option are the 3DMaxpider mats. They are really nice & look much, much, better than WeatherTech. They go up about the same as WT.

Note the pic on Amazon is a bit misleading, they don't have that "double edge" thing shown........there's a thread about them here somewhere.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have the Premium mats. I agree the edge is lower that then Weather Tech, but it does have a thin foam sandwiched in between for the cushion feel. It should be fine in winter. However, I would go with the Weather Tech next time, cheaper and less rigid so easier to remove/install.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have the Premium ones for my Sonata and they have been great in the winter. In fact, I think they are a step above the Weather Tech and actually cost more.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks - in looking at some of the install pics online, both of those don't seem to go as high as the weather techs, especially on the drivers side beside the centre console. The WT's appear to go all the way to the plastic moulding while the others go about an inch below. I had weather techs in my 2013 santa fe and while not perfect, that was a key area for salt buildup

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One of the reasons I like them is they feel really nice overall and have a very good grip. They also work well for the non-winter months.
do you live in northern climate?

n/m - I see Toronto. Our winters are way worse, hence my concern.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My dad and brother have WeatherTech mats on the their Dodge vehicles. The thing I noticed is that they tend to 'fold over' on to themselves because they're flimsier material and have high edges.

I have the Hyundai Premium mats and they're a perfect fit and I believe are thicker and more durable.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My condolences on the snow :D Winters in the GTA would not be as bad, but we do get hit with a good amount of snowfall every so often.
ya, it's brutal some days, we can barely get out of our driveway as we are one of the last streets to get plowed. Looking forward to the AWD on days like that (and the heated steering wheel)!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My dad and brother have WeatherTech mats on the their Dodge vehicles. The thing I noticed is that they tend to 'fold over' on to themselves because they're flimsier material and have high edges.

I have the Hyundai Premium mats and they're a perfect fit and I believe are thicker and more durable.
yes, there is some truth to that and snow and crap can get down between that edge and the car. Happened more on my rears in my last car.

decisions, decisions....

·
Registered
67 Posts
it does have a thin foam sandwiched in between for the cushion feel
Is "it" the Hyundai OEM mats that have the "thin foam sandwiched in between for the cushion feel"? I thought that the thin foam padding was a feature of 3D Maxpider?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yes, the Hyundai OEM mat, fairy rigid that makes it difficult to remove from the two hooks. I had one of the Velcro like thing on the bottom side penetrated my skin :cry:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is "it" the Hyundai OEM mats that have the "thin foam sandwiched in between for the cushion feel"? I thought that the thin foam padding was a feature of 3D Maxpider?
I think the OEM ones have it as well. I just had a look at mine. I think I am going to keep the Hyundai OEM ones and see how they work.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
looks like costco in canada is now selling these, what was formally tuxmat is now phantom. By this review, they look fantastic and really cover the floors well and very high up.

I will likely order these before winter hits as I really like the coverage they have.

·
Registered
12 Posts

I will likely order these before winter hits as I really like the coverage they have.
I had a set delivered from costco.ca and they seem fine.

The only downside I've noticed so far is that they can be quite squeaky when wet if you slide your foot across them. Suppose your footwear of choice influences this too.

Originally I had planned on getting the Hyundai Premium All Weather mats for the front but a helpful chap in the parts dept warned me he'd seen a number of issues based on excessive heel wear so I passed. Was going to go for the Weather Techs until I saw your post - so kudos!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts