Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are considering these you should be aware that the 45 degree angle at the aft edge of the rear windows will prevent the rear deflectors from being useful: If you open the windows even a little, rain can come in at that edge and wind noise is substantial.

The front ones work AOK. The rear ones are essentially cosmetic.

Ken C

·
Registered
20 Posts
My wife just bought me Weathertec floor mats for my birthday. I'm real excited about them. Thanks for the info on the Deflectors. Do they make a bug deflector too? I thought I saw one on a Tucson that looked pretty sharp even.

·
Registered
561 Posts
My advice is to go with the vent visors that attach with 3M tape. The in channel ones are not good for your window tracks/windows....

·
Registered
422 Posts
Has anyone installed the following item themselves; Hyundai D3024-ADU00 / Hood Air Deflector (Hyundai 2016 - 17 Tucson)?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Has anyone installed the following item themselves; Hyundai D3024-ADU00 / Hood Air Deflector (Hyundai 2016 - 17 Tucson)?

I have.. but this was a thread about weathertech window visors, not oem hyundai hood guard...

whats your question?

·
Registered
422 Posts
tenergy, yes am aware of thread title however, was unable to locate anything related to my inquiry, so instead of staring a new thread, decided to post here. Thank you for taking the time and making me aware that thread is related to Weathertec deflector issue, and unfortunately not being able to assist. What's my question you ask?

·
Registered
422 Posts
My apologies for not including this in previous post (saved previous post prior to completing in error). Interested in knowing any tips or additional information about issues I might encounter during installation not addressed in instructions however, further review of the instructions that accompany the deflector, appear well done with outlining what's required / involved with installation.

·
Registered
561 Posts
My apologies for not including this in previous post (saved previous post prior to completing in error). Interested in knowing any tips or additional information about issues I might encounter during installation not addressed in instructions however, further review of the instructions that accompany the deflector, appear well done with outlining what's required / involved with installation.

It's a straight forward install if you follow the instruction sheet. Just assure that the clear tape is positioned correctly under the clips to protect the paint.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Will be mindful to confirm clear tape is positioned correctly beneath clips so not to damage vehicle finish.
Thanks HDHyundiaGuy!
Any "cheats" to marking the locations of the six tape attachment areas on hood? Instructions state use of pencil / non-permanent marker! Will review process more in-depth this evening.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Will be mindful to confirm clear tape is positioned correctly beneath clips so not to damage vehicle finish.
Thanks HDHyundiaGuy!
Any "cheats" to marking the locations of the six tape attachment areas on hood? Instructions state use of pencil / non-permanent marker! Will review process more in-depth this evening.
I used masking tape.......

·
Registered
422 Posts
HDHyundiaGuy, installing the wind deflector was straight forward however, removing the existing small retaining clips that secure the under hood weatherstrip (later used to install screw to fasten clips to the wind deflector shield), was tedious! I carefully removed those with thin flat-head screwdriver. Lining up pre-drilled holes in deflector shield with the existing retaining clip locations were simple enough, and use of masking tape was helpful, thanks again!
I wore latex gloves throughout the process, so not to get prints on adhesive pads and deflector. I also choose to attach the outer most clips to the deflector shield, while the inner four clips / attachments, were fastened to deflector shield. I maneuvered / slightly bent shield into place, until clips lined up with protective adhesive pads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts