Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra GT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I bought my Hyundai Sonata 2012 GLS certified pre-owned from the dealership.

So far, no real issues, other than alignment being off (will have to get that done before winter and the snow tire install)

However, I've started noticing some strip of plastic coming out of the seal between the door and the weatherstripping for the window. In the front passenger side and the back left passenger side.

I've made an album with pics:

Door Weather Stripping - Imgur

Is this stuff covered under warranty usually? I'm still under warranty until 2016 or 100,000km (currently at 54,000KM)

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
My front passenger window was the same way. They fixed it under warranty since it was a factory defect. It's actually some type of tape they have to replace.

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra GT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My front passenger window was the same way. They fixed it under warranty since it was a factory defect. It's actually some type of tape they have to replace.
Thanks, will call and see when I can get it into the dealer!

Also have you had any alignment issues? Car pulling to the right?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I think it took about three hours to replace that tape. I don't know how our cars got out of the factory without it being noticed, I guess the quality control worker must have been sleeping that day.

No alignment issues for me thank goodness.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I think it took about three hours to replace that tape. I don't know how our cars got out of the factory without it being noticed, I guess the quality control worker must have been sleeping that day.

No alignment issues for me thank goodness.
or perhaps you can point the finger at the guy who installed the tape . .

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra GT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
While I have this post open.

Anyone with the 2012 Sonata notice interior cabin creaks when turning onto an uneven surface like a driveway or parking lot or speed bump? I seem to hear it inside when car in those situations.

I know there was a bulletin apparently for the 2011 model.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts