Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody,

First time poster here! I have an '09 Hyundai Accent GS (5-speed Manual) and I ordered the Secret Weapon Intake a few days ago. I have read that this intake alone decreases the stock 0-60 of approx. 9.4 seconds to around 7.4 seconds. Can anybody confirm/deny this?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Looks to me like it's the same thing accept the filter is different.  Although, I do believe that different filters make a lot of difference in the system. On the other hand... They are both made my weapon R... Idk. haha.

·
Registered
222 Posts
well the difference between the two are not just the filters but the secret weapon has some special pipe

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am new to adding aftermarket parts and such, but I figured the intake was over-hyped. Regardless, I will let you guys know if there is any kind of performance gain.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE (Meakame @ Jul 20 2010, 01:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=343231
well the difference between the two are not just the filters but the secret weapon has some special pipe

As I've said before, they claim that there are two pipes, but that's "only for certain cars". Most of theirs are just a single pipe, negating any SUPER COLORFUL AWESOME effects of their advertising.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I just put the dragon intake today, and I am thoroughly impressed. Didn't notice much, but I do believe it did give me a little bit more giddy-up.

Plus, it makes a cool WOMPing noise. :thumbsup:  

I do believe that the intake you have is one step higher than the one I have, so you might get better results.

·
Registered
763 Posts
go HKS 

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know the results of the intake install. It surpassed my every expectation! The performance increase is QUITE noticeable. The sound is significantly deeper as well, an added plus; not that obnoxious type of sound you get from some aftermarket exhausts. I would recommend the product to any considering it. Install went pretty well, except for having to drill new holes in the metal ECU mount. I hope to post a 0-60 video in the near future if I can borrow a decent camera from a friend.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts